Stringing gold ammies

cowmaster187

i was just wondering how long it would take to string 18k gold ammies using the lunar spell

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Sorry, all I can say is that it's 130 - 150k per hour. I'm sure you can get a rough idea from that.

Also, if you want, I'll buy all strung gold ammies from you in trade after you've finished.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Its a little over 1800 per hour even if you afk, so about 10 hours

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

Per amulet it takes about 3 game ticks for an amulet to be strung (A game tick = 0.6 seconds, so that would be 1.8 seconds per amulet). So assuming without banking, you can string up to a maximum of 2000 amulets per hour. The spell gives 87 Exp total (4 to Crafting, 83 to Magic). So again, without banking the maximum hourly rate you can gain WITHOUT banking is 166k/hour.

Now realistically, you will have to bank to get more amulets to string and will have some human error which will slow down your hourly rates. I actually did some stringing at some point, so I can tell you that the hourly experience rate for magic will usually vary about 110-125k an hour. That's about 1385 amulets per hour, so it would take you about ~13 hours to string 18k gold amulets into the respective strung version.

Now, how can you increase your hourly rates? Well there's a couple things you can do:

• Use a one click bank (Castle Wars or Soul Wars come to mind, but Soul Wars would be preferred since you can't get random events in that area)
  • Have a nearly full bank so you can use the deposit all function without dumping all your Astral Runes with the strung amulets
  • Use a Mud Battlestaff. It may not seem like a lot of experience to string one extra amulet per inventory, but over the long run it will amout to quite a sum of experience. You can sell the Mud Battlestaff after you're done too so it isn't a permanent investment in which you're stuck with a 600k item. Either way, you'll probably save more money using a Mud Staff since both Water and Earth runes are expensive >_>
  • Use filters in the Magic spellbook to isolate the String Jewelry spell. A lot of spells in the lunar spelbook share the same runes as String Jewelry, so you'll either have to memorize the location or the icon of String Jewelry, or cut down on the visible spells in your spellbook so you don't click another random spell.

Also as a tidbit you're free to use a Magpie while stringing, as it gives back a little money to help offset the costs of stringing (stringing isn't really that expensive though, last time I checked it was only 4-5 gp/xp, pretty decent for Magic).

P.S.: If you've finished one of the Summer Series quests, you can sell your strung gold amulets for low alch price (130 gp) to the Rogue in Varrock after you've freed him from Rogue's castle near the Chaos Elemental. Last time I checked you get more money from selling it to him than to the GE, and it's faster too (You can only sell 10k at a time to him, but you can sell it noted)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

ok thanks guys

it looks like it will take more then the weekend for me to get to 99 oh well

il give it a good go

and @schmual id be ok with that. PM me after the weekend

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Also as a tidbit you're free to use a Magpie while stringing, as it gives back a little money to help offset the costs of stringing (stringing isn't really that expensive though, last time I checked it was only 4-5 gp/xp, pretty decent for Magic).

pretty decent for magic lol... when you can get 2gp/xp highalching gold bars (+100% afk -low xp) and 1.8gp/xp superheating iron (-moderate work involved +155k xp/hr 125k magic + 30k smithing) I cannot imagine how 4-5gp/xp for only 115k-125k hr is remotely "decent cost for magic"

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

pretty decent for magic lol... when you can get 2gp/xp highalching gold bars (+100% afk -low xp) and 1.8gp/xp superheating iron (-moderate work involved +155k xp/hr 125k magic + 30k smithing) I cannot imagine how 4-5gp/xp for only 115k-125k hr is remotely "decent cost for magic"

If High Alching is "100% afk%" then stringing is over 2000% afkable as you only need to click once per invent and it'll keep doing them all, 1 after another.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

It is decent for magic because it has one of the least minimal efforts involved in magic and one of the fastest xp/hourly rates you can achieve. I do not know how you can consider alching 100% afk, you'll have to keep tapping the mouse key or the keyboard to continue alching. Also alching peaks at a maximum of 78k an hour and that's considering no human error. That's a pretty mediocre method of training magic despite the relatively low gp/xp ratio, considering the fluctuation of the items you are alching, and the amount of physical clicks you will have to put in constantly to gain experience. As for superheating, people tend to avoid paying that much attention, which is why they tend to opt for other options such as string jewelry. The only place where people should really be using superheat is in an area where it really shines, Living Rock Caverns (superheat, alch/drop gold bars while mining).

To address your 4-5 gp/xp isn't a decent cost for magic is inane. Considering a 115-125k exp/hour rate of stringing amulets that will cost at a maximum of 500-600k an hour, which EVERY member can make gathering mort myre fungi, not to mention the plethora of other things available to a member's disposal. Disregarding combat and its application (some people prefer to train magic slower or faster depending if they're training it on slayer or at rock lobsters or mummies or what have you) String Amulet is one of the BEST, if not the BEST way to train magic. If you are trying to argue that you cannot make the 500-600k an hour to string amulet, your point is moot because in fact everyone can make that amount.

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

If High Alching is "100% afk%" then stringing is over 2000% afkable as you only need to click once per invent and it'll keep doing them all, 1 after another.

High alching is much more afkable then string ammy, all you need is to have is mousekeys and pound the number 5 on your numpad, no extra clicking, no using mouse to bank, no thinking. Its much more easy to just smash a key repetively then to watch the screen every 30 sec to see if the inv is done to get a new one.

It is decent for magic because it has one of the least minimal efforts involved in magic and one of the fastest xp/hourly rates you can achieve. I do not know how you can consider alching 100% afk, you'll have to keep tapping the mouse key or the keyboard to continue alching. Also alching peaks at a maximum of 78k an hour and that's considering no human error. That's a pretty mediocre method of training magic despite the relatively low gp/xp ratio, considering the fluctuation of the items you are alching, and the amount of physical clicks you will have to put in constantly to gain experience. As for superheating, people tend to avoid paying that much attention, which is why they tend to opt for other options such as string jewelry. The only place where people should really be using superheat is in an area where it really shines, Living Rock Caverns (superheat, alch/drop gold bars while mining).

To address your 4-5 gp/xp isn't a decent cost for magic is inane. Considering a 115-125k exp/hour rate of stringing amulets that will cost at a maximum of 500-600k an hour, which EVERY member can make gathering mort myre fungi, not to mention the plethora of other things available to a member's disposal. Disregarding combat and its application (some people prefer to train magic slower or faster depending if they're training it on slayer or at rock lobsters or mummies or what have you) String Amulet is one of the BEST, if not the BEST way to train magic. If you are trying to argue that you cannot make the 500-600k an hour to string amulet, your point is moot because in fact everyone can make that amount.

Actually the BEST way to train magic is superheat GOLD not only do you get 125k magic xp/hr, you get 130k smithing xp/hr all for only 3.5gp/xp. Not only is the magic gp/xp lower than string amulet, The smithing xp is cheaper then pl8 making (even WITH sc hammers) and Faster than smelting gold the oldfashion way. I like superheat :thumbup: and yall dont :thumbdown:

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

High alching is much more afkable then string ammy, all you need is to have is mousekeys and pound the number 5 on your numpad, no extra clicking, no using mouse to bank, no thinking. Its much more easy to just smash a key repetively then to watch the screen every 30 sec to see if the inv is done to get a new one.

Some people don't want to continually pound a button every 1.8 seconds to just get 70k magic an hour. Alching is pretty much a defunct training method only used by inefficient users. String Amulet has a much more 'afk'ability factor where you can press one button, check another window for 30-40 seconds, then check back, and repeat. I'd much rather that method than continually pounding a button 1.8 seconds for hours on hand (who honestly wants to do that for 60k mage an hour?)

Actually the BEST way to train magic is superheat GOLD not only do you get 125k magic xp/hr, you get 130k smithing xp/hr all for only 3.5gp/xp. Not only is the magic gp/xp lower than string amulet, The smithing xp is cheaper then pl8 making (even WITH sc hammers) and Faster than smelting gold the oldfashion way. I like superheat and yall dont

I don't know why you're bringing up smithing exp into this, when we're talking about mage exp. Not only is it redundant and pretty much require constant attention to your inventory and to click every 2 game ticks ( :shame:), but you're severely estimating the costs of training magic via superheat.

As of today, the prices are as follows:

>265 for gold ore, 213 for nature rune - 478 gp cost

>97 for gold bar, 97 gp return

Net gp = 381 gp, Superheat - 53 xp

Gp/xp for superheating = 7.1~ gp/xp

That's nearly double of what you claim.

This is of course disregarding smithing exp since this is a discussion of training magic, not smithing.

ok back to the topic at hand. to be honest i dont care wether one way is better then another. i find alching and super heating to be intensely boring. that is why i do string ammies. it allows me to watch movies. for the whole mouse keys thing. it may work for some people but it does not work for me at all.

thank you for the heated debate though. :mellow:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thieving guide[WIP]

~~~legoman187~~~

Actually the BEST way to train magic is superheat GOLD not only do you get 125k magic xp/hr, you get 130k smithing xp/hr all for only 3.5gp/xp. Not only is the magic gp/xp lower than string amulet, The smithing xp is cheaper then pl8 making (even WITH sc hammers) and Faster than smelting gold the oldfashion way. I like superheat and yall dont

I don't know why you're bringing up smithing exp into this, when we're talking about mage exp. Not only is it redundant and pretty much require constant attention to your inventory and to click every 2 game ticks ( :shame:), but you're severely estimating the costs of training magic via superheat.

As of today, the prices are as follows:

>265 for gold ore, 213 for nature rune - 478 gp cost

>97 for gold bar, 97 gp return

Net gp = 381 gp, Superheat - 53 xp

Gp/xp for superheating = 7.1~ gp/xp

That's nearly double of what you claim.

This is of course disregarding smithing exp since this is a discussion of training magic, not smithing.

I claimed that ALL the xp you earn only costs 3.5gp/xp, thats why if you ONLY want Magic xp you superheat IRON which is only 1.8gp/xp atm :-P

I admit that only some people like doing superheat while others dont. If you want to pay extra gp for the ability to afk more then go ahead, I dont mind the extra clicking :mrgreen: .

[/thread]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂