Bursting cast rate?

Alg

Combat spells are 5 ticks per cast ( = 3 seconds). Assuming no breaks in casting (you didn't specifiy what exactly you were doing) you can cast an absolute maximum of 1200 combat spells an hour. Now, depending on what you do it will be different obviously, i.e. there will be more breaks in casting if you're at rock lobsters than at say, Soul Wars spawn camping.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Ah okay. The general hourly rate of magic at lobsters varies between like 150-200k (or more?) and depends if your're using the 7 lobster spot or the 9 lobster spot, if it's at the 9 spot you get around 150-200 experience per cast of pure mage exp. Making an educated estimation this would put you at around 700-900 casts an hour including the time spend luring. There are lots of things that affect this though - luring ability/speed, choice of spot, mage experience, mage equips, etc. however I don't think this'll be a huge factor it's not like you'll be getting somewhere extremely low like 200 casts an hour unless you really don't know what you're doing :lol:

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Ah okay. The general hourly rate of magic at lobsters varies between like 150-200k (or more?) and depends if your're using the 7 lobster spot or the 9 lobster spot, if it's at the 9 spot you get around 150-200 experience per cast of pure mage exp. Making an educated estimation this would put you at around 700-900 casts an hour including the time spend luring. There are lots of things that affect this though - luring ability/speed, choice of spot, mage experience, mage equips, etc. however I don't think this'll be a huge factor it's not like you'll be getting somewhere extremely low like 200 casts an hour unless you really don't know what you're doing :lol:

Pretty sure bursting rock lobsters is closer to 600 - 700 an hour. Maybe 800, maybe, if you had concentration and focus like the devil.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Pretty sure bursting rock lobsters is closer to 600 - 700 an hour. Maybe 800, maybe, if you had concentration and focus like the devil.

If it was 600-700 casts an hour and around 170 mage exp per pile of lobsters (at the 9 rock lobster spot) it would just be a little over 100k mage exp an hour, which is quite low. I'm pretty confident with my 700-900 casts an hour estimate except maybe the 900 part, which probably isn't feasible

Barraging lobs is around 120k xp an hour last time i did that so i'd say 600-700 casts is more feasible. I doubt you'd get 200k xp an hour bursting lobs, you used to get 220k an hour barraging skeletons.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.