Glenn Beck and a call for religious rebirth

Zygimantas

I know it's crazy to believe, but Judaism existed before Christanity. Moses was Jewish, heck even Jesus was Jewish, and the people who wrote your bible were Jewish too.

As for the immortal 9 headed hydra that's my point, it doesn't fit in Christanity.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's crazy to believe, but Judaism existed before Christanity. Moses was Jewish, heck even Jesus was Jewish, and the people who wrote your bible were Jewish too.

Yes, I'm very well aware of that. I didn't mention that at all. You claimed the Bible was originally written in Latin, which is irrefutably false. There is a Latin version, but it is definitely not the original language of the Bible.

So... Are you just trying to justify your liberalism to someone? We get it - Right wing politics are evil.

Right-wing politics aren't evil. I've said time and time again I can accept and respect conservatives. I cannot and will not respect Republicans in their current state. I'm not convincing anyone of anything politically, just that the GOP is not interesting in governing. I was explicitly told on this very thread that the GOP just "has different ideas," when it's blatantly obvious that they're shutting down the government for political purposes.

This isn't an argument for my ideology, but a plead for people to wake the [bleep] up to what the GOP is doing. I was told by several people that I was more or less crazy for believing the GOP was willing to shut down the government for politics.

I have an even better idea... It's both the asses and the elephants. Let's get rid of both of them :wall:

America is being controlled by those who only want power, and it spans our (admittedly narrow) political spectrum. We need a return to Democrats like JFK, and Republicans like MLK Jr. And mostly, we need to move to a point where politicians have spines, and are willing to admit when they are wrong, and fix the things that they break, and not break what's already working. Note that I'm not asking for perfection, but please, can we try for a little honesty and accountability?

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

can we try for a little honesty and accountability?

Never! We need to cut taxes but conquer the world, because only by controlling it we can save it from global warming and force the Chinese to be our doctors which will be, by then, free.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My policy: Believe in whatever you want to believe in and do whatever you want to do with your life but within the boundaries of not hurting other people.

I may not agree with your 'religion' (Well, not really a religion, but you know what I mean), but I agree very much with that policy.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

Glenn Beck a Christian? Please.

I was Christian at one point and 99% of the Christian people I know are NOTHING like this... character and his followers.

This may not be true but I feel most "Christian" people in the GOP are like some of these Christian bands that use the prefix to attract a new crowd.

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D