Possible TI calculator apps?

Hey, I have written a fully functional runescape skill calculator for the TI-83 and TI-84 calculator. I was wondering how I would go about asking if I could host it on this site and if anyone would even want to use it?

Feel free to post your answers and opinions.

Hey, I have written a fully functional runescape skill calculator for the TI-83 and TI-84 calculator. I was wondering how I would go about asking if I could host it on this site and if anyone would even want to use it?

Feel free to post your answers and opinions.

Hello, welcome to the forums!

As for who'd use such a tool, you could try posting a poll in the Questionnaires forum. Personally I don't think it'd see a whole lot of practical usage, but it's still kinda cool in a geeky way :)

As for hosting it over here, I'm sure that'd be possible if the administrator folk think it's a good idea. They'll read your suggestion soon enough if posted on the Website Discussion board, which is where suggestions go. As this topic is not an update or fix to an existing calculator, I'll move it there for you :)

Just wondering which programming language did you use to make the program: TI BASIC (83 series), TI BASIC (84 series - default), TI BASIC (84 series - OS 2.53MP+), Z80 Assembly, or an app based program OS (such as the Mirage OS)? [TI BASIC is the default language, and the only difference between the versions of it is a few non backwards compatible commands]

The reason I am asking is that which language was used may limit the number of people able to use the program, change testing procedure (anything not TI BASIC requires far more testing due to directly interfacing with the hardware), and changes the requirements for upkeep of the code (along with the specific implimentation of the program). (dont take this as saying we will be looking into hosting it, as that is the admins decision. I am just asking since I would probably end up being the one to test it in that case)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Hi RockonJamin,

A TI calculator apps is defiantly an interesting idea, but unfortunately the demand for something like this is almost non-existent. It's also not in Tip.it's nature to host a downloaded program/script/code/ect.

I'll keep the thread open for a little longer.

SP

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!