Halloween Event 2010-2011

bob3560

Before I go any further, I must warn you about a Spoiler Alert!!!!!! There, that's done.

Oh, and I did this on a 'nub' account, only level 8, hence the level 49 player having a red level.

GrimReapersHouse.png

Images are once again where they should be on the post. Hope this doesn't happen again.

As you all well know, Monday, October 18th was the day the halloween event for 2010 was opened. I did it in about an hour, after fooling around. You probably don't need this guide, but in case you're sort of stuck somewhere, this may help, I hope.

Anyways, in this years event, there are three main tasks that you must complete to get the bone brooch and emote (puppeteer). These events have to do with a party Pumpkin Pete (any relation to Party Pete?) is throwing for the Grim Reaper. They are, in no particular order; finding spiders hiding around the house and putting them on the correct dance floor square (more on that later), making moonshine for the werewolves (really easy), and getting an autograph for the Grim Reaper from his favorite artist.

So head on down to the portal north of Port Sarim to start this event!

Location.png

LocationPic.png

Ok, the first thing most players do is find all the spiders. They're hidden around the house, but are fairly easy to find. Mind you, it took me a long while to find my last spider, as it was hiding in plain site.

First things first, talk to Pumpkin Pete in the house (for a second time) and he'll tell you that he needs some things done.

After that, go to the spider, the one we're starting with. He's the large spider in the bathtub from last year. You'll talk for a bit, he doesn't talk much, but you have to find spiders from what he tells you.

Here are where each color spider are:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THE BEIGE SPIDER IS THE WHITE SPIDER!!!!

[spoiler=Purple Spider]This spider is found in the room you first enter, where Pumpkin Pete is found. It is the North Eastern Bookcase. Rspic5.png

[spoiler=Orange Spider]This spider is found in the Northeastern Room, the one without the stair case. The spider is out in the open, in the south easter part of the room. It'll say 'move orange spider', foreshadowing the task you have to do later.

[spoiler=Turquoise Spider]This spider is found upstairs in the southern most room, the one that sticks out from the house a bit. He is talking to Edgar, a crow that Jagex is hinting at the Edgar Allan Poe poet. Talk to the spider, a dialuoge will pop up, you learn that he won't leave unless he gets a good scare, so right click and 'scare' the spider.

TurquoiseSpiderscare-1.png

[spoiler=Pink Spider]This one's a bit tricky to find, because it wanders the rooms upstairs. I know it goes into the Grim Reapers bedroom, the hallway way, and where Grim Reaper is sitting in a chair. Just look for him somewhere there.

PinkSpider.png

[spoiler=Beige Spider]This one's a bit tricky to find, because it wanders the rooms upstairs. I know it goes into the Grim Reapers bedroom, the hallway way, and the room directly above the staircase. Look somewhere there.

BiegeSpider.png

[spoiler=Red Spider]This spider is upstairs, in the middle room. The spider is in the death clock on the southwest side of the room.

RedSpider.png

[spoiler=Blue Spider]This spider is found upstairs in the middle room. Search the big bed in that room, and he'll pop out.

BlueSpider.png

[spoiler=Green Spider]This spider is found upstairs in the Northern room above the staircase. In the east part of this room, there is a towel rack. The green spider is hidding in there.

GreenSpider.png

Ok, so now that you have all your spiders on the dance floor, you can start ordering them, as in placing them on the correct square corresponding to their color, eg. Beige spider goes on white square, blue spider goes on blue square, etc.

Talk to the big spider first, and they you'll be allowed to solve the 'puzzle'.

If you want to solve on your own, I would hint you to find out what each spider moves, because when you click on them, they either move themselves to their color, or another spider to a color, or both, or a mix of each. What I did was make a list, made everything really simple.

Just so you know, the simplest solution is 5 clicks.

If you want the list of what each spider moves, but don't have time to make it, here it is.

[spoiler=List of what each spider moves.]Blue Spider-Red and white

Pink Spider-Pink and orange

Purple Spider-Purple and pink

Red Spider-Orange

Orange Spider-Turquoise

Turquoise Spider-White and Red

Green Spider-Green and blue

White Spider-Green and Purple

If you want the list of correct moves to make, here it is. BUT, I'd rather you try to find it yourself first, much more fun that way.

[spoiler=List of correct moves]Blue or Turquoise, then green, then red, then orange, then purple.

CompletedDancefloor.png

After you have the spiders, talk to the bathtub spider again. Don't forget this, I did!

That is the first part of this 3 part event.

I'd also like to say that I do not own any of the images shown here, they are the sole property of Jagex Ltd. and have the right to remove said photo's at their discretion. Just as a disclaimer.

6:10 PM EST 10/20/2010 last updated

Ok, now you're done with the spiders on the dance floor, time to get the music going! Or part of it at least. This next part of the Halloween event is probably the easiest. Takes maybe 2 minutes at most. And with this guide, if you cheat, 1 minute if you're a fast clicker.

Anyways, the next event is located on the ground floor as well. You don't even need to go upstairs. So head to the Northwest room, where you'll find three werewolves, Helga, Greta, and Moira. Talk to any of them to get started.

You learn they need a special drink for them to sing correctly, called moonshine. No, it's not illegally brewed alcohol, just some strange werewolf drink. You also learn that Helga thinks backwards, so everything she says is 'wrong'.

Anyways, go south to the dinning hall, search any of the food, and get the five ingredients. Talk to every werewolf again, and read their replies.

[spoiler=Helga says:]"Right, this is how you make moonshine. The blood is always the last ingredient and is never the first thing to be poured into the bottle. I'm as sure of that as my name is Steve. Or Bernard"

[spoiler=Greta says:]"Let's see, how to make moonshine... I do so love moonshine, it's delicous. It's the sprinkles on top that make it really tasty."

[spoiler=Moira says:]"To make moonshine... I'm certain that it uses each of the ingredients, but I can't remember the order. I remember straining it through something first, something the grew in Granny Doomeye's back garden."

From what they say, I can make out what the order needs to be, and so can you, probably. Remember, Helga is backwards, and not every ingredient can pour.,...hint hint

Here's the ingredient order:

[spoiler=Ingredient Order]First use the leaves with the vial, as a strainer. Moonshine25.png

Then use the blood, the first item to be poured. Moonshine35.png

Then use the bottle of fear on the vial, and lastly, Moonshine4.png

the bones as the sprinkles on top.Moonshine5.png

Then talk to any of the werewolves, and second task complete.

Last update 12:15 PM 10/20/2010

Ok, for the third and final task in this event, getting the lead singer to actually sing!

For some reason, all you have to do is get the Grim Reaper an autograph from him. That's it. Pretty simple, but annoying and you'll see why soon.

Ok, first thing first, you need to start this by going upstairs and finding the Grim Reaper. He's not hidding, just sitting in a chair all the way in the room to the east. Talk to him and get to the part about getting an autograph. I'm sure you can get there no matter what you click. GrimReaper2.png

GrimReaper3.png

When you do, head back downstairs and go to the southeast room with the barking dead dog and the Drunk Zabeth Corvid (Just Zabeth Corvid on the map). You basically have to get him to give you an autograph, but to do so, you have to say the right things. He speaks in the future, so it gets a bit confusing, and your character gets confused too if you say the wrong thing. Not to worry, you just start over the conversation, and it's the same everytime.

[spoiler=Correct responses:]"Hello, enjoying the party?"

ZCresponce1.png

"So, what do people call you?"

ZCresponce2.png

"Sheesh, you're an idiot"

ZCresponce3.png

"Sorry, how about I make it up to you with another drink?"

ZCresponce4.png

"Exactly how drunk are you?"

ZCresponce5.png

"A vampire and a werewolf walk into a bar..."

"Do you know Grim?"

ZCresponce7.png

"Can I have an autograph for Grim?".

ZCresponce8.png

Warning, I did not include a screenshot of the vampire response, don't miss that one.

Well, that's basically it. Once you get the autograph, head upstairs with it and give it to Grim.Autograph.png

Now go back to Pumpkin Pete, and you're done!!!!!

Thanks for reading THIS guide, and not others advertised on this thread (lol, jk. IDC that much).

[spoiler=This is what the bone brooch does, in case you're interested:]BoneBrooch.png

[spoiler=And this is the newest emote, assuming you've done previous Halloween events:]PuppetMaster.png

Last update 12:26 PM 10/20/2010

Don't bump your thread. This actually belongs in Player Made Guides, not Help and Advice.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Don't bump your thread. This actually belongs in Player Made Guides, not Help and Advice.

Sorry lol. First time user of tip.it forums, obviously. I don't know how to move it, but I won't object.

You'd have to wait for a mod to move it, welcome to the forums!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Sorry lol. First time user of tip.it forums, obviously. I don't know how to move it, but I won't object.

You'd have to wait for a mod to move it, welcome to the forums!

THanks. Well, I'm signing off. Play some cod.

Hope this gets moved if it's in the wrong section.

bob3560.png

• 2 weeks later...