Brawling gloves questions

Kirbyallstar

Smith: If I use sc hammers with these, do I lose potential xp from the brawlers? Is it advisable to use sc hammers here because I save money?

Pray:

1) How much xp per bone do I get if I use d bones on:

gilded altar

etcofuntus

2) How much xp per bone do I get if I use f bones on:

gilded altar

etcofuntus

SC tools will degrade them faster but give more exp- you don't lose or gain anything compared to what you'd normally get. I recommend using SC hammers just so you have to spend less time smithing in the wilderness risking getting PKed.

Not sure on the second question, but I'm sure you can look that up yourself.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

okay first off the answer to your second question is do frost bones on your gilded altar

i've been thinking about the first question, except in the context of fming brawlers w/ ba horn. so i will work them out because i've been meaning to for a while.

smithing:

with hammer: 217 uses, ~700 uses per hour

2500 xp per adamant platebody

542,500 xp per brawler

time to make the platebodies: 18.5 minutes

time to get the (8.5) sc hammers: 102 minutes

cost: 1,190,245 gp

without hammer: 434 uses, ~700 uses per hour

1250 xp per adamant platebody

542,500 xp per brawler

time to make the platebodies: 37 minutes

cost: 2,380,490 gp

so sc hammers save you 1,190,245 gp, but will use 83.5 additional minutes of your time - use sc hammers if you cannot make over 900k gp/h

firemaking:

with ba horn: 600 uses, ~1000 uses per hour

2430.4 xp per magic log

1,458,240 xp per brawler

time to burn the logs: 36 minutes

time to fill the horn: 100 minutes

total cost: 897,000 gp

without ba horn: 1200 uses, ~1000 uses per hour

1215.2 xp per magic log

1,458,240 xp per brawler

time to burn the logs: 72 minutes

total cost: 1,794,000

so using ba horn will save you 897k, but will take you an additional 64 minutes. so ba horn is only worth using with brawlers if you cannot make over 840k xp/h.

For the first question, since I already had sc tools (and the penance horn), I was planning on using them. I just wanted to know if I'll get the same exp out of the brawlers w/o the hammers.

But how come everyone always says to use f bones with brawling gloves? Does it save time and money over d bones?

[hide=my input]According to this thread, 17-18-628-61335678, the TVC of f bones over d bones is somewhere over 3.2m/hr. Since I cannot make that much in an hour, I plan on training prayer with d bones.

I finally found the xp on wiki, and d bones are 13.5 gp/xp on altar w/ brawlers, 20.2 gp/xp on altar w/o brawlers

F bones are 17.6 gp/xp brawlers, 26.3 gp/xp w/o brawlers

So if I used d bones instead of f bones on the altar w/ brawlers, it should be better because I save money and I don't make over 3.2m/hr, right?

[/hide]

1275 bones per prayer brawler

frost bones: 1,204,875 xp, 21,165,000 gp, 1 hour

dragon bones: 481,950 xp, 6,489,750 gp, 1 hour

to make up the xp difference between the two (722,925 xp), you would need to offer 2,868.75 dragon bones, valued at 14,601,937.5 gp, which would take about 2.5 hours.

using brawlers on frost bones: 1,204,875 xp, 21,165,000 gp, 1 hour

using brawlers on dragon bones then train w/ dragon: 1,204,875 xp, 21,091,687.5 gp, 3.5 hours

gp saved using brawlers on dragon bones: 73,312.5 gp

extra time spent: 2.5 hours

income required for dragon bones to be worth using on dragon bones: 29k/h

--

tl;dr: frosts might not be the best choice for you for regular training, but they sure as hell are the best choice for use with brawlers

Ohhh, ok, I finally understand. In the end it'll still cost me the same amount of money, but take an extra 2.5 hours if I were to use d bones. Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Not quite. You get to use a certain number of bones with your brawlers, period, whether they're big bones, bat bones, dragon bones, or frost dragon bones.

Unless you're insane, you want to get the most out of your brawlers, which means the highest exp bone.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png