Recording 360 gameplay through a monitor

SirHartlar

I'm interested in recording 360 gameplay footage, but I don't use a TV and instead have my Xbox plugged into my PC monitor via a HDMI cable. Is there anything on the market that will allow me to record my gameplay this way? Alternatively, if I was to plug my Xbox 360 in a small television (it's all I've got, about 12") would the quality be less than if it was on a larger screen? Noticeably anyway.

Thanks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Aside from HD vs normal output it should have 0 effect as xbox is still putting out the same video quality regardless of how the screen handles it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks, that answers all of my questions. :rolleyes:

The main one I need to know right now, is whether recording gameplay from a small TV screen will impact on the quality of my footage.

Depends entirely on how you record it. If you are pointing a video camera at the screen then obviously it would make a difference. If you are using a capture device before the signal gets to the TV then obviously it wouldn't.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ok thanks. :)

I have a new question (lol), to do with some Turtle Beach headphones I bought for my 360. Basically, my 360 is connected to my monitor via a HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to my monitor through a standarad jack cable. The instruction manual only really gives instructions for TVs, and I'm not sure how to rectify the problem. I've read these support sites and looked around but seeing as I'm not the most technical savvy person it isn't easy. :mellow:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=830517062

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=609220155

EDIT: I can get sound through my headset just can't get the microphone to work. :s