Darn Mercenary Leader =@

Sy_Accursed

http://forum.tip.it/topic/255987-the-f2p-general-discussion-thread/page__pid__4631812__st__2400#entry4631812

I can't believe I've had to post this twice for you

There are people who stay F2p you know.

Soloing a merc leader at high levels is near impossible in f2p, because their tier 5 equipment almost never hits it.

The leader needs to be scaled more, especially in f2p (only the 5th time I've said this)

Usually doesn't take you this long Grimy. You been stressed a bit lately?

it's the rants section, I've been trolling if you haven't realized yet.

anyways if that's a problem, get a bow and some arrows.

mages, including mercenary leader in daemonheim, have 0 ranged armor.

All their defense comes from their defense level, so they won't block ranged attacks much.

Meaning if you ranged a 203 merc leader with a tangle gum bow at 99 ranged, you'd probably hit on the order of 33% accuracy.

and of course much better if you didn't use the [cabbage]tiest bow in DG.

honestly I'm simply not going to give any credit to anybody hasn't tried anything more than just to run in and start smacking the merc leader/eating food until they die.

i mean, how many brain cells does it take to come up with such an obvious plan.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@grimy:

can you please explain how I am supposed to solo the merc leader (lv 167, I am 125 with rounded stats)? when I meet him in the very first room I open (and that's the only room)?

I don't own a bow/shadowhood (just prome plate/spear).

I don't have a problem at all when it comes halfway - however in the very first room it simply means you're out of luck. Sure I can restart: but if that is the best method, you'll have to admit something is "broken" don't you?

I already explained it. Safe spot the meleers. And hope that you do get some meleers.

Heck you have a prom platebody, you're already a leg up on people who have just a hood and no armor.

you can pray mage for the merc leader + other summoned mages.

and you can safestep 1 melee warrior. In fact it is possible to safestep 2 melee warriors if you know how to. It's actually not much harder than safestepping 1.

So if you do this, you should not take any damage from anything except for rangers.

in which case, you have a promethium platebody so you should make it by with table food and just tanking the damage from a single ranger.

The odds of 2 rangers spawning is 1/9, so just teleport out if that happens and try again later.

seriously, if you're in solo and taking damage from anything other than a ranger, you're doing something wrong.

how would you safespot a meleer lol? with the useless 0.6 second reaction speed kiting isn't really possible. - Besides, getting a hood isn't an easy task (and in a team I'm always reluncant to "demand" the hood, I rather have someone else who really must have it get it - so the 3 hoods I've gotten as drop I let other take only at the 5th hood I will start demanding the hood). So please don't say I'm an annoyance to others: it is because I wanted to help others that I don't have a hood..

But aside from that: the lv 167 mage took my prayer down from 80 to 20. - Really in a small dungeon I can't do anything anymore than without at least 1 death?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

how would you safespot a meleer lol? with the useless 0.6 second reaction speed kiting isn't really possible.

I rest my case.

which is?

I tried "cornering" trick i use often while fighting (2 monsters attack you from north & south, then you step east of 1 and immediatelly south of it now the northern is stuck behind the southern). - However the monsters here seem to start going into "wander" mode.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.