IdeaBox

Earth

Fallen Rising  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in Fallen Rising as a game?

2. 2. Do you want Fallen Rising on IRC?

3. 3. Do you want more Forum based games?

• Yes
    • No, IRC is okay.
    • Maybe, Forum games can be nice.

Best way to do budget is to do the good old GDP and make it either an Excel sheet (simple way) or to use a script and .txt files (easy to change values, don't have to manually change population).

Also of course it isn't enough to just say no, I also want to know why I can't have stuff, if it's gamebreaking; just tell me that, if it's too stupid; tell me that, if you just don't want it; tell me and await a facepalm.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

GDP doesn't work...You might as well just increase everyones budget by 5% per day.

The only way for GDP to work is if you then increased all the prices by 5% per day...which negates the point.

Or abandon all hope of a well balanced late game, with 50 ships per turn and battles of 14,000 ships.

Better solution is to just work out something that actually works and then not fiddle with it too much...People increase their 'budget' by collecting money from their provinces.

Which would require you to make a map, assign the provinces and then assign values.

Probably between 1 and 100, 50 being the most advanced provinces at the start of the game.

People can increase the value of their provinces by investing money, but you need to make it so that it takes 10 years or so to make back the money outlayed.

Also bombing should decrease the value(But this is automatically replaced over time).

The deficit effect could halve the value of all the provinces?

Keeping track could be done on a large map.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

If we're having solar system locked Hegemony, better start pretty early. Maybe 2000 or something, rather than space ships right away.

Then we just use real-life GDP, and have the GDP equally distributed between provinces, to an extent. (For example, Russia would have two GDP figures, one for Western and one for Eastern. That way Western Russian provinces are worth a certain amount and Eastern ones are worth probaly less (Siberia essentially)).

Most countries would basically have a max of two or three regions.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The fundermental flaw with GDP is that people launch into diatribes about how 3% growth every year is perfectly fesible, without considering inflation.

Which would mean in 25 years everything would be worth half as much, 39 years and everything is worth one quarter as much...And so on and so on.

So if you were going to do real world GDP, every country would need a seperate currency(or joint currencies), with seperate inflation rates...Or you would need a global inflation rate, which would keep the poor poor and the rich rich.

Personally, simplified economics are the way to go.

Provinces=157(32, 53, 42, 12, 18)

Addition and multiplication...no percentages and no complicated maths.

Indeed, separate currencies and separate inflation rates would be a hedge against crazy conquerers. Peaceful countries that don't have many enemies would have a greater GDP growth and wouldn't suffer the penalties of printing money, general instability, and such.

On the other hand, warring countries could get concessions from the enemy and try to counteract inflation and lack of GDP growth by adding chunks of GDP to their budgets.

There could be some strategy with creating joint currencies with other countries, increasing stability but forcing you to consult with the other country to avoid destabilising the joint currency (one country declares war or a country starts printing money).

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Which is great for Retech and probably me(Not quite the expert here but still, I don't mind learning)...But for Ross, Ico, Rocco, Stork...it is like when Mather launches into one of his explainations of Railguns...Or when I launch into a physics rant to disprove someone else...It looks long, boring and goes straight over most people's heads.

If you wanted to introduce a system like that you would need to do it gradually, allowing people to pick up the concepts without hitting wall o' text. :thumbsup:

Wow, you guys really ARE desperate for a new Hegemony game.

I'm thinking of having the combat mechanic work mildly like Battleship - except your ships have a limited range based on weapons... and whether or not you hit is decided on a dice roll and some base accuracy factor of the weapon. That is, once you guys recover from the anthrax apocalypse caused by Emress

Jen and start the re-venture into space....

So I'm going to assume that all your citizens have a natural resistance to bioweapons, and depending on where you start, you get a mild bonus in certain situations.

Cash system will be based on a GDP/reset system... sort of. You have a per capita GDP, which is raised/lowered based on conquering, current political state of the nation, and population. You then take a percentage of the people's income, which depending on the rate, may or may not cause a revolt. GDP increases only happen at an update.

Updates will occur daily(ish), and will be when the government takes their taxes from the people, take a census, and basically get a news report of everything happening around the world. Presumably, 1 day = 1 year. Thus, updates happen once per year.

Research will be done through "Research Points", which can be bought with some of your tax money. Each project takes 10 points to research, and starts at level 0 once researched. The formula for finding how much researching a project at any point until the next reset will be X^2 where X is the amount of levels you want to increase in up to level 10. After level 10, it takes (X+10)^2 research points, but will spontaneously evolve Pokemon-style into something related, but better, every time you do a research on it. Beware, however - too many research projects will make the people suspicious, which will cause a revolt, civil war, mass paranoia, etc. Everything will be balanced by the mod.

Devoting tax dollars to infrastructure and related stuff may or may not give you eventual benefit. I'm still thinking about that.

Excess tax dollars will be listed as "for jettisoning sandwiches" on the yearly governmental finance reports. A sandwich-jettisoning expense that's too high will result in your people thinking the government is wasting their money, and you get a revolt.

You start as a city (of your choice), and your goal is... well.... TO TAKE IT ALL.

Anything I'm forgetting, besides that this is probably going to eat my life regardless of any plans to prevent such?

a70c7.png

My question is, D'you want me to put it up to vote?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I think it's that everyone is still trying to figure out if these two Hegemonies are actually going to pan out, and if the mods are going to stay committed to them.