Tasks that I should mage

Lamm

I've decided to train magic through slaying since I'm so use to slaying.

I'll be using ahrims, arcane stream, sol, inf boots, and unholy book and fire surge with wolpertinger.

I'd like to know which tasks are the best to mage, and which ones arent. The ones that aren't, I'll melee until i get one that I can.

Thanks in advance

Lamm.png

assuming you use kuradal:

abby demons

black demons

black dragons

blue dragons

dagannoths

desert strykewyrms

dust devils

fire giants

gargoyles

greater demons

hellhounds

ice strykewyrms

iron dragons

jungle strykewyrms

living rock creatures

mithril dragons

nechryael (barrage)

steel dragons

tzhaard

warped tortises

only nechs+ice wyrms are more effecient then meleeing.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nechs are burstable also I believe. Once they summon their spawns you can start to rack up in experience, and the drops arent too bad either.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Nechs are burstable also I believe. Once they summon their spawns you can start to rack up in experience, and the drops arent too bad either.

I noted barraging in the list.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I noted barraging in the list.

Oops i only skimmed over the list.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

black dragons

I dont suggest maging black dragon's, i've tried it with fire surge using the same setup as OP and it didnt work they have a very high mage resistance

you do baby blacks. I probably should have noted that.

DM0Yq2c.png

black dragons

I dont suggest maging black dragon's, i've tried it with fire surge using the same setup as OP and it didnt work they have a very high mage resistance

you do baby blacks. I probably should have noted that.

Hehe yea :) the adult black dragons have a HUGE mage defence although i could never figure out why blue's have a low mage def compared to the other 3 leather dragons

Spikestr1ke.png

With turmoil, extreme pots and super antifires using a z spear I find meleeing mithril dragons faster than mage. It's still fast but melee was definitely faster. I believe iron/steel were too last time I fought them. Really if you have super antifires melee is your best bet against dragons if you're going for max speed.

I was using ahrims, staff of light, extreme mage pots and fire surge.

Having an EEE proves beneficial, and for some tasks also take some good high-level food with you (gargs, abby demons, dust devils, ...).

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.