Prayer Drain Special Calculator Suggestion

szotyacid

Lately I started using lots of curses, which made me wonder how much do they actually drain? Answers like: "not much", "a lot", "okay ammount" didn't satisfy me as I still didn't know how much prayer potions would I need for a certain ammount of time. This led me to the conclusion: There should be a Prayer Drain calculator!

Counting the time needed for a certain prayer to drain prayer to zero, doesn't sound that hard. By counting again with high prayer bonus as well, prayer drain could be made into a formula followed by a calculator.

What I imagined:

•  
  • You could enter your prayer points
  • Prayer bonus
  • Select which prayer do you want to switch on

Then the calculator would tell:

•  
  • the prayer points drain/minute
  • count how much prayer potions/super restores/super prayer potions would you need for a certain ammount of time

As I'm always in trouble with estimating the number of prayer pots I need for a certain task, I'd found this calculator most useful.

Also the difference between prayers would be a lot more visible and could be used for various prayer related calculations.

Even though in many situations players keep switching off prayers when it's not needed, this calculator could eliminiate "underpreparing" and serious "overpreparing".

P.S.: This sort of potion calculator could be improved to contain even more potions (such as antifire, special restore or other boosting potions) and make it the ultimate potion setup calculator. Players would no longer need to search for the suggested setups, optimal at their level. They could just set when do they want to use a potion (for example you want to keep attack over x level) and set the ammount of time.

P.S.2: This is a rough idea, in need of lots of polishing, opinions and eventually volunteers who would count the drain and someone capable of turning the data into a working calculator.

This would be a great addition to the website, however, finding out the information would be extremely hard. I'm not even sure if there is a real formula for it, and if there is, I applaud the person who deciphers it. I'm not saying this is impossible though. It would just take a lot of work, and it's something that we don't really have time to put effort in right now. ;)

Counting the time needed for a certain prayer to drain prayer to zero, doesn't sound that hard. By counting again with high prayer bonus as well, prayer drain could be made into a formula followed by a calculator.

Hmm, be careful with that. There's diminishing returns to prayer bonus if I recall correctly, so if with no prayer bonus it takes 60 seconds to drain prayer to zero, and with 20 prayer bonus it takes 100 seconds, it won't automatically mean that each point of prayer bonus adds 2 seconds.

Hmm, be careful with that. There's diminishing returns to prayer bonus if I recall correctly, so if with no prayer bonus it takes 60 seconds to drain prayer to zero, and with 20 prayer bonus it takes 100 seconds, it won't automatically mean that each point of prayer bonus adds 2 seconds.

By now I realised it is harder then I thought, still I have to start somewhere. Measuring time many times in various situations would support enough data to come up with a 1st version formula. I don't assume it's simple or it is easy to find out, but counting alone wouldn't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone not just ask Jagex straight up?

You could catch someone on a good day lol

If it were that easy to get formulas for calculators, we'd definitely be taking advantage of this. Nobody at Jagex with access to these formulas would ever disclose them. The people who do have access hardly interact with the playerbase anyways.

The formulas you see on some of these calculators were developed by in house coders or through partner projects and had to be worked out manually as close as we could get them.

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 8 months later...