Forum Rule Changes

No Naming Names!

Tip.it Forums are not directly affiliated with JAGeX. Therefore, we cannot help you when you have been scammed or hacked. This is why the "No Naming Names" rule is in place.

Please do not name names! If you have been scammed or have heard of someone who was scammed, you must not name names. The reason for this is that many people have posted saying "this person scammed me" when they really did not! The truth is we do not know if the person you say "scammed" you, really scammed you or not. Spreading this around the forums would give a bad reputation to someone who may not even deserve it!

Also, as said before, we are not affiliated with JAGeX in any way. If you post about being scammed, we cannot hand out discipline to the person that scammed you. The only way you can report a scamming is to contact JAGeX Customer Support. Any post that names names will either be locked or removed at the moderator's discretion. If you have any questions, feel free to contact a moderator or administrator.

Thank you!

sithbridgeay2.jpg

No Posting on Behalf of Banned Users!

Like the subject says, don't post for banned users or consequences will follow. Whatever happens on that account is gonna happen, and that includes getting banned if rules are broken.

Think twice before letting ANYONE on your account as well.

Thank you.

• 8 months later...

Report it, don't reply to it!

Over the years I've been working with Tip.it, one thing I most enjoyed was the fact that users are willing to help out staff to help keep the community running smoothly.

Unfortunately, although they may mean well, there are problems in some of the ways people try to help us. I'm talking about when people post some of the following when there is a bad thread:

"lock this mods"

"you are going to get banned for posting that stuff"

"wrong board dude"

There many more similar to that, but I think you get the idea now.

What's the problem?

1. Posting such statements count as spam.

If you are finding yourself constantly looking for bad threads and posting statements like the above like that and do not inform the staff about it, or do that plus inform the staff, you are spamming! There is absolutely no need for you to post on the thread, especially those that have inappropriate content. You're simply bumping up a bad post that needs to get shot down.

2. It does not get the attention of the staff immediately.

If you see a bad thread, contact a staff member, either through the PM system on the forums, one of their available contacts listed, or go to the Tip.it Chat room and ask for a staff member so that they may handle the situation quickly. We cannot read every thread, so posting on it telling us to "lock/ban" someone isn't going to work all the time.

3. You are not helping the community.

By posting that stuff, although you may have indicated that this is a bad post, you are simply letting a bad post stay there. It's like helping someone evade a ban by not reporting them. In turn, you will end up letting more and more rule breakers and confusion come into the community, something we do not desire and something I'm sure you do not desire. Everyone wants this place clean, and we all need help cleaning it. Stepped on some litter? Help get rid of it by contacting the staff.

If you honestly want to tell someone that they're posting on the wrong boards, PM them.

Do you want a happy, clean community? Next time you see a bad thread, report it to a staff member, either through PMs, other contacts, or through the Report Post Function so that it can be taken care of immediately. Do not post on them!

As always, the Staff list has the names and private message links for ALL staff members. This is a very handy tool when it comes to contacting a Tip.it staff member. Or you may simply just use the Report Post Feature

• 1 year later...

No Signature Selling - Effective Immediately

We're sorry to do this, but Jagex is cracking down on sig selling. So, effective immediately and until further notice, we will not allow signature selling for RS items/cash on the forums.

I'm really sorry, but its for your own protection. We'll try and work something out and let you know if this changes.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Third-Party Clients - Our Policy

A lot of our users have asked us why we do not allow posts that talk about using third-party clients such as Swift Switch, have images that make it clear a third-party client is being used, or have links to websites that have this kind of software available. Although using a third-party client is not in itself ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅillegalÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding Moderate Bumping

It has come to the attention of the Tip.it Staff that bumping old topics with legitimate purposes and having them locked is not very justified. Many of such threads are harmless and have just died out overtime. We've now adjusted the rule about bumping. Users are allowed to bump old threads if their reply contributes to the topic. If the reply is spammy nonsense, the reply will be removed and the thread will go back to where it was.

The forum rules have been updated to reflect this change.

Please do not rush out and try to bump up all the old threads you can. This rule was adjusted not so people can cause trouble and work for the mods, but so legitimate discussion can happen on all types of threads.

Thanks for reading. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Forum Signatures Reset - Rules Changed

All Forum Signatures have been reset and we have changed the image size rules to allow users to customize their signature a bit more.

4 images

450 width x 175 height = TOTAL size of both images combined

30kb combined filesize of images

5 lines of text

255 characters

HTML disabled

BBCode enabled (except for 'code' and 'list')

Happy Browsing,

Albosky

Tech Admin

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear