Slayer Task Log

Grimy_Bunyip

Why am I doing this? To get a better idea of what tasks to block.

My hypothesis is that certain tasks are assigned with different frequencies.

I remember seeing a guide on the RSOF which is longer there, that did have such a log.

And there were rather large discrepancies in the frequencies of certain monsters. And the log had on the order of 20-50 tasks done of each monster.

So it was pretty nontrivial.

I'm looking for lvl 93+ slayers that are interested in providing a log of their slayer tasks.

I'm not interested in drops or anything. Just in which tasks you receive.

I do not need to know how many of a monster you are assigned in each task other.

so I'm looking for something like this:

Task # 1 - Terrordogs

Task # 2 - Ice Strykewyrm

Task # 3 - Abyssal demons

you would include in the task list, tasks that you cancel with 30 slayer points.

and of course I'd like to know which tasks you have on your blocked list.

anyways im 99 slayer so there's not too much of a point for me to collect data myself.

But I could, but the quantity of data I want is on the order of at least 2 players going from 93 -> 99 slayer with kuradal.

but anyways. This shouldn't take too much time.

A few seconds every task, or half an hour.

And perhaps this information could put a new perspective on which tasks are worth blocking.

Naaxi.png

I'm about to go from 95-99 Slayer this week, and am planning on recording my tasks etc, i suppose I can record my cancels aswell.

Also:

Page 20 of RSOF: 98-99-600-61329204 (Zarfots Slayer guide) - Half way down

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Thanks guys, I'll see what other data I can scrounge up too :D.

sadly zarfot doesn't have info on desert and jungle strykewyrms.

I'll plug em into my data log spreadsheet as I find more of it.

I'll just assume that blocked tasks don't affect the appearance rate of tasks that aren't blocked.

anyways should be interesting.

Naaxi.png

My log

Task - Number of Tasks - Number of Effigies

Aberrant Spectres - 20 - 6

Hellhounds - 16 - 1

Bloodveld - 13 - 4

Abyssal Demons - 13 - 2

Ice Strykewyrms - 13 - 6

Dark Beasts - 12 - 2

Steel Dragons - 10 - 3

Iron Dragons - 9 - 3

Mithril Dragons - 9 - 1

Black Demons - 8 - 4

Dagannoth - 6 - 0

Black Dragons - 1 - 0

Jad tasks - 5

A couple things to keep in mind:

-I did 2 tasks each of Terror Dogs, Suqah, and Blue dragons before I started skipping them.

-I did 3 tasks of normal Tzhaar and skipped one before I switched to Jadding them.

-The first dozen or so tasks were at 92 slayer, so the Ice Strykewyrm number is a couple tasks too low

-I block or skip every task not mentioned.

-Ignore the last column (effigies)

Your hypothesis is absolutely right - different monsters are assigned with different frequencies. Your highest level Slayer monster will be assigned most often, on average. Obviously my data doesn't show that, but Ice Strykewyrms are the most common task for 93+ slayers. Funnily enough there seems to be no further correlation between a monster's required level and the frequency with which it is assigned since bloodveld and spectres are very frequent tasks.

2496 Completionist

My log

Task - Number of Tasks - Number of Effigies

Aberrant Spectres - 20 - 6

Hellhounds - 16 - 1

Bloodveld - 13 - 4

Abyssal Demons - 13 - 2

Ice Strykewyrms - 13 - 6

Dark Beasts - 12 - 2

Steel Dragons - 10 - 3

Iron Dragons - 9 - 3

Mithril Dragons - 9 - 1

Black Demons - 8 - 4

Dagannoth - 6 - 0

Black Dragons - 1 - 0

Jad tasks - 5

A couple things to keep in mind:

-I did 2 tasks each of Terror Dogs, Suqah, and Blue dragons before I started skipping them.

-I did 3 tasks of normal Tzhaar and skipped one before I switched to Jadding them.

-The first dozen or so tasks were at 92 slayer, so the Ice Strykewyrm number is a couple tasks too low

-I block or skip every task not mentioned.

-Ignore the last column (effigies)

Your hypothesis is absolutely right - different monsters are assigned with different frequencies. Your highest level Slayer monster will be assigned most often, on average. Obviously my data doesn't show that, but Ice Strykewyrms are the most common task for 93+ slayers. Funnily enough there seems to be no further correlation between a monster's required level and the frequency with which it is assigned since bloodveld and spectres are very frequent tasks.

yeah sorry I'm not interested in data if skipped tasks are not listed :P

I don't mind if you they're skipped, but they should still be logged.

Ideally the data collectors should block no tasks, but that isn't very reasonable.

blocking 5 tasks already removes about 15-30% of the tasks that one would normally expect to receive.

Which probably creates more bias than is normally acceptable.

toss in skipped tasks not being logged and that's definitely too much :P.

Naaxi.png

Ideally the data collectors should block no tasks, but that isn't very reasonable.

blocking 5 tasks already removes about 15-30% of the tasks that one would normally expect to receive.

Although my data won't give you percentages, it can contribute towards finding a ratio between tasks, which is still useful. You can extrapolate more ratios from tasks I don't do by comparing them to other tasks in the data set they come in.

2496 Completionist

Although my data won't give you percentages, it can contribute towards finding a ratio between tasks, which is still useful. You can extrapolate more ratios from tasks I don't do by comparing them to other tasks in the data set they come in.

I could, but I don't consider myself well versed enough in statistics to know how to do what you're describing.

because I know what I'm doing right now is mathematically wrong, I'm just assuming that 15-30% is small enough a margin for it to not matter.

Naaxi.png