You should be able to log out whenever you need to. -Close this thread.-

Blaze The Movie Fan

I was going to make a video about this on YouTube, but since so many people pointed out to me how pointless this rant is I won't.

You know when you're in middle of a battle with a monster and you can't log out? Well, I am going to explain how that is a problem.

First off, a lot of us have lives outside of RuneScape. What if I need to watch a movie that's in movie theaters? Or if I need to go to sleep? Or what if I'm late for work? Or what if I promised to go to a birthday or something? See what I mean.

Now you could argue that you can simply go to a safe spot if you need to log out. Well, that's fine but often there is no safe spot. I know monsters will stop being aggressive after 20 minutes of fighting them, but by then I might be too late for a movie, or a birthday party or to work.

I hope Jagex will realize how this is a problem and get rid of that "You can't log out until after 10 seconds of fighting" thing.

My point is there fighting monsters shouldn't prevent you from logging out. I did search if a thread like this exists, but it doesn't.

What if I need to watch a movie that's in movie theaters?

Then don't go into combat knowing you're going to have to leave in a few minutes.

Or if I need to go to sleep?

Then find a place where you can log out; after all, it can't take anymore than 10 minutes.

Or what if I'm late for work?

Well, whose fault is that for not keeping track of time?

Or what if I promised to go to a birthday or something?

Then don't go into combat knowing you're going to have to leave in a few minutes.

See what I mean.

No.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Dude, if 10 seconds is honestly an issue for you, you seriously have a problem. Let's see - movie, birthday, work, sleep - all things you can, you know, plan around. You should kind of see those things coming. Or, you know, have a teleport on you. Heck, tele to house and you can just safely close your browser.

Now, if your married, and say your wife is pregnant and her water breaks, ok, drop runescape NOW and leave NOW. If you have a kid, around your house, and you hear several thumps followed by an ear-piercing scream that cracks the window, yeah, leave rs NOW. But really, there are very, very few things in RS that you can't, you know, just plan around. Even fight caves, with the log out feature - combine that with a bit of planning and you should be ok.

I find it funny that the only possible exception to this, DG, you failed to mention. But even then, you can 1) just plan around DG and 2) if you need to suddenly quit in DG, all you've lost is whatever time so far you've put into the DG.

I could go on, but I'd just go on repeating myself over and over while trying to comprehend how it could actually be a problem; more importantly, how it could be a real problem whose fault isn't your own.

I mean, I've probably been late for things 'cause I was on RS, I've stayed up later then I should have 'cause of RS, but that's because of how I ended up choosing to spend my time, not because AMG THIS MONSTER IS ATTACKING ME SO I CAN'T STOP PLAYING RS FOR THE NEXT HOUR.

Yeahhhhh.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You know what, guys? You're right. I really am making a big deal out of nothing.

I deleted the clip of the video I saved on my computer. Because you're right, I shouldn't play RuneScape if I have to go to movies or something.

Feel free to close this thread, I have canceled my rant on YouTube. I won't upload it.

Off-topic but not really.... if I came across as an arrogant jerk, I'm sorry. I have a bad habit of doing that when I feel "right" about something >_<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Don'tstart training 20 minutes before a birthday party? Pretty common sense. :roll:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.