A more organised mass trading system is needed

Superpiccolo

I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I feel (and have felt for a while now) that their needs to be some more organised system implemented into Runescape of trading items.

The only place to go to for anyone who wishes to buy/sell any items on the free or the pay servers are dedicated locations in the main cities i.e. Fala, Varok, etc.

Now this is all well and good but it is quite disorganised and very hard to find anything unless you spend a long time spamming your selling/buying message over again.

Now I know its not that bad as it is quite obviously still and effective way of trading but my point is that with all the wonderful improvements that this game has seen over the years I believe that the time for a more "organised" system of trading good in mass is now.

Now let me make this clear that what I am suggesting is not to change the way people trade items as such but the way that they advertise their mass "Wares" because as stated before the current situation is thousands of people in one location typing their message of "Buying blah blah" or "Selling blah blah".

One idea I have is that there could be a new city created or an addition to an existing City that has several buildings dedicated to specific items where people can post their buying selling message, similar to a Forum. . This way would make it easire for people to sift through people's offers in a much more organised fashion.

In addtion to this maybe this system could be attached to the bank to allow cross bank trading(or something. This is however just a basic idea.

I am also thinking that maybe with POH's (whenever they get here), that maybe they will have something like this with them..?

Anyway, what is everyone's ideas/thoughts on this?

"If ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile off my face!"

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

forums are a soultion KIND of, but have u seen the official forums lately? omg its massively spammed and tons of threads created over and over. its like yours is washed away

and a market city would be different, i doubt itd happen. you just have to know where things are on world 2 fally and world 1 varrock.

phat, back near the weird peice of wall in fally. d bones ourside the bank on the west corner.

god armor in free worlds? back towards the castle ouside the bank, free world rareS? along the bank wall to the north near the god armors

It is definately the case on the official fourms because EVERYONE who uses it wants their item to be seen so they continuously bump their topis as new ones come in every minute almost. It is ridiculous.

These fourms on tip.it are the MOST organised I have seen anywhere for a RS fourm. I'm not just saying that because im here, it is true.

That is why I think someting similar to this system of fourm trade should be put in.

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha

i hope jagex do this eventually...

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

One of my ideas would be to have your market stall, put on your items you want to sell and give them a price. When a player wants to browse your stall he/she will just click on it and see any items on the stall as if he/she were browsing a shop. However the player would have to stay near his stall.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

One of my ideas would be to have your market stall, put on your items you want to sell and give them a price. When a player wants to browse your stall he/she will just click on it and see any items on the stall as if he/she were browsing a shop. However the player would have to stay near his stall.
This would make it hard for merchants... thats cool. There would probably be a up-to-date data base of what everyones selling at that moment, and I'd have a search thing. Just type in what your selling and voila you have a big (or small) list of that specific item. I would hope there would be tabs (like those arrows on the world select page) where you could organize prices--or an A/W if they came out with something that useful--from least to largest, or largest to least. But going at Jagex's speed, this may take 10-20 years... :?

Yes, it's disorganized but in under 30 seconds I manage to sell my items if I undercut the competition a bit and theres a buyer around...

As I said before I do know that the current "System" (if you wan't to call it that) works, but the point is that with all the things that have been improved over the years with this game, something as fundamentally important to that game such as a more advanced mass trading system should have been implemented also. I just hope Jagex pull their finger out soon.

Rage Against The Machine

Zack De La Rocha