Civilisation 4

Resistance

I've been trying to get a game together for a year. Hopefully the steam version is compatible with the hard copy.

To prevent complication you might have to buy a new copy and for only £3.75 it would remove possible complications (and give you all the expansion packs providing you don't already have them).

qTLQRuS.png

I would play, but I've already moved on to Civilization V and I don't really want to go back. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I would play, but I've already moved on to Civilization V and I don't really want to go back. :P

Awwwwww.

Awwwwwwww.

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Play with friends? I'm sure thats better then having [developmentally delayed]ed hexagonal spaces.

Downloading as we speak, would be interested in playing once I get to grips with the game.

:D, its pretty hard to understand at first but after a bit of playing I'm winning every game :)

qTLQRuS.png

It is retail, but the way that it is installed, it links up to Steam as well.

It installs from disk, but you can then proceed to play it off Steam.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

They are basically the same version of the game.

I do own this game, but big problem, my disk broke, and I aint gunna buy it again.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

If you installed it, I believe that you can still play it off Steam?

Tried.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are winning economically at the beginning of the game, that advantage can usually be used to get a win, so as long as you are militarily safe, it is good to have one worker per city to improve.

Hehe, if Men of War taught me anything it is that a single man against 90 men with the same HP, same weapons, same everything, armed with a dozen tanks and howitzers, can win.

I guess, if the Civ world was going to be justifed you could say that the rifleman waits in a hole for the tank to pass nearby, and then tosses a grenade in.

Tanks have a crew of between 3 and 5...so if only 1 in 3 soliders manage to blow up a tank then they would still win.

Similarly, if a man with a spear happened to be in a fort, armed with Surface to Air Missiles and 150 mm cannons...then he is gonna look at his spear...look at the cannon...look at the battleship, look back at his spear, look at the cannon, go 'Hmmm' and then drop the spear and begin firing the 5 kilogram slugs at the ship.

Also, look at the winter war:

Finnish had:

337,000–346,500 men

32 tanks

114 aircraft

And did:

126,875 dead or missing

188,671 wounded, injured or burned

5,572 captured

3,543 tanks

261–515 aircraft

They were even outnumbered and outdated...what they were was organised.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.