Stellar Dawn Scam Email

Slayr

Hey there.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there's a Stellar Dawn scam email going around. I received it on the email address that I signed up for the beta on.

It's prompting you to download the "client" which is an EXE that I'm guessing steals your RuneScape password or worse.

It looks pretty legit, but don't fall for it!

Just wanted to get the word out.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the large bump (even though this is the second topic on the page :blink: ).

These scam emails tend to happen quite often. It's best to not click ANYTHING given to you in an email. I know sometimes Jagex advertises things such as 8Realms through email (not really the smartest move in my opinion), but it's best to be safe than sorry.

Any other emails given by Jagex (regarding customer support queries) would usually not have any link attached.

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 months later...

I got this email today, and thought I'd come here first to see if it was a scam. I clicked on the link first but wasn't gonna enter any info or download anything. Firefox didn't let me go to the link though and told me instead it was suspected of phishing. The email looks really legit though, and my spam filter didn't even mark it as spam, which it usually does!

Blakdragon39.png