89 fishing, which is better for money? Monks or sharks?

TheGreatGeno

They were horrible money to begin with. And now botters have driven the price down even lower. Don't bother.

Well, I'm starting the game again with very little cash. So I can't really kill things for money without good gear, and fishing is my only 80+ skill that can be used to make money.

You can collect Mort Myre Fungus to get a starting cash pile. Resource gathering skills don't make much money these days.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I'm not sure of your stats, but assuming you have atleast 100-200k for a weapon and armor, go kill blue dragons in tavelry. That's what I've done each time I start back up poor. Hell, 2 blue dragons are worth more than a whole inventory of shark and take way less time to kill. If you're looking to fishing as a startup money maker, you need to look elsewhere.

Trollbomber.png

With the x2 weekend announced, now would be a great time to farm second ingredients for herblore.

Especially with people panic buying; white berries were up-to 4k each yesterday.

With the return of FT, I highly doubt fish prices will ever be normal (Sharks 800-1k each/Lobs 200-400 each). All gathering skills have taken a pretty big hit :(

Winarr.png