ZMI and Crafting Battlestaves

vettro

Two quick questions for ya'll:

1. ZMI. I plan to train my pitiful runecrafting level over bonus xp weekend. I really don't care about profits but I would like to know how to maximize my xp for ZMI. I searched around but only found extremely outdated guides. Any and all advice, including basic stuff, is appreciated.

2. How many air battlestaves can I expect to craft an hour?

Thanks!

vettro.png

If you just want to maximize rc xp, you should be doing steam runes, not ZMI, unless you are at least level 80.

It's very simple. If you ever crafted fire runes is nearly the same exact thing, with 3 major differences:

1) You must have a binding necklace equipped. They break after a certain amount of uses, so you must also have plenty of spares in your bank. I'm not sure exactly how many breaks a necklace, but something like 15-20 iirc but that may very well be dead wrong.

2) You must craft the combination runes (steam in this case, although smoke and lava are popular options as well) while under the effect of the Magic Imbue spell, so you will not need talismans to make the combination runes. You must be quick with the crafting, since the spell only lasts for about 10 seconds. It's enough time to go through all your pouches and perhaps a familiar, as long as you don't lag or get sidetracked.

3) You must have PURE essence in your inventory AND elemental runes of the opposite type that you are forming the combination with. For example, you are making steam runes and are bringing them to the Fire Altar. Therefore, for every Steam Rune you wish to make, you must have one Water Rune in your inventory.

So a checklist of what you need:

-Binding Necklace (equipped)

-Steam Staff (equipped) -for Magic Imbue casts

-Duelling Ring (equipped)-remember since you can't use glories, you must bank at CW or MA, meaning each trip will use 2 charges of your ring

-Fire Tiara/Omni Tiara (equipped)

-Water Runes

-Pure Essence

-Pouches

-Astral Runes -for Magic Imbue casts

You could also use an Abyssal Familiar but I'm not sure how efficient that is. If it isn't efficient, bring a BoB filled with Binding Necklaces and/or Duelling Rings so in case you forget to equip a spare you won't waste your trip.

Basically it's the exact same thing as fire runes. Duel Ring tele to the Duel Arena, run to altar, enter the altar, cast Magic Imbue, USE THE WATER RUNES ON THE ALTAR. Do not use the Pure Essence or you will make fire runes and look like an idiot. Empty your pouches/familiar, recraft. If you aren't quick enough and Magic Imbue runs out, RECAST it.

In order to be efficient, you MUST have Magic Imbue AND the Binding Necklace active at the same time. It's not so bad if you forget to use Magic Imbue, since it won't let you make combination runes without it active (unless you happen to have talismans in your inventory), but if you forget to wear a Binding Necklace, you only have a 50% chance of crafting the runes successfully, essentially wasting not only 50% of your supplies for that trip, but also 50% of your xp.

Also note the Steam Staff will NOT cover the Water Rune requirement for crafting the Steam Runes. It will only cover those runes needed for Magic Imbue. Of course, if you can't get a Steam Staff, you can just bring more water runes and use a fire staff instead, but seeing as you can easily sell back the Steam Staff, there's not reason to do that and waste an extra 7 waters per trip.

Woah. Ok, that is very helpful. That seems a lot more complicated but very doable. How much better xp/hr is this than ZMI? ZMI just seemed quite simple even though I didn't know what to do.

vettro.png

Woah. Ok, that is very helpful. That seems a lot more complicated but very doable. How much better xp/hr is this than ZMI? ZMI just seemed quite simple even though I didn't know what to do.

iirc its around 45-50k xp an hour.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

iirc its around 45-50k xp an hour.

Correct. Although remember that is with a giant pouch, so you'll get quite a bit less (10-15k is my estimate) if you don't have it. Definitely worth it to use an Abyssal Familiar if you don't have that 75 rc.

May be far-fetched for OP, but has anyone tried the tome of frost?

Tome of Frost + Fire Staff > Steam Staff, you mean? Yes, it works, but with Steam Staves at just 110k ea, there's little reason to avoid using one, unless they aren't selling or something.