Content Management Systems (CMS)

Mirror

Hi there. I hope everyone is well.

Here is the thing. The last time I made a topic in here, it was about buying templates for websites and utilizing them in a program like Expression Web. I succeed in making a website to my liking. You can find it at www.wqhu.net.

This is the issue this time. I am graduating from my university in May, and my task is to shift all of my webpages into a Content Management System (CMS) for people who don't know web editing to edit the website freely after I am gone. I was wondering if you lovely folks could tell me which CMS you prefer and how easy it is to implement a current website into that CMS. The only one I know is Wordpress but the conference I went to was saying a bunch of other ones, so yeah, just help me out here.

Basically, I'm wondering what CMS I should use and how easy it would be changing a current website into a template/website using a CMS for people with little to no knowledge of HTML. Thanks!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

As far as usability goes I would definitely recommend Wordpress. But I've also heard a lot of good things about Drupal.

I tried Drupal once, it had an interestin' look about it. SMF if basic and extremely bland and boring, but easy to use.

Side note:

I really don't like Expression Web, or anything like it for that matter. I prefer just hand-coding websites... It almost saddens me how a lot of site coders just rely on programs like that to do half of the work for them when they know little to nothing about HTML or CSS themselves...

The sites usually turn out better from hand-coding, anyways, from my experiences.

untitled6kv7.gif

sterlite.png

Sterlite.png

As far as usability goes I would definitely recommend Wordpress. But I've also heard a lot of good things about Drupal.

I tried Drupal once, it had an interestin' look about it. SMF if basic and extremely bland and boring, but easy to use.

Side note:

I really don't like Expression Web, or anything like it for that matter. I prefer just hand-coding websites... It almost saddens me how a lot of site coders just rely on programs like that to do half of the work for them when they know little to nothing about HTML or CSS themselves...

The sites usually turn out better from hand-coding, anyways, from my experiences.

I do my own hand coding (what bits I do have to code) but I prefer using Expression/FrontPage just because of the split screen tool.

I remember hearing Drupal at the convention, so I'll definitely check that one out as well as Wordpress.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Side note:

I do my own hand coding (what bits I do have to code) but I prefer using Expression/FrontPage just because of the split screen tool.

I remember hearing Drupal at the convention, so I'll definitely check that one out as well as Wordpress.

Eh, Expression tends to have problems with certain things. I just prefer the old fashion way.

untitled6kv7.gif

sterlite.png

Sterlite.png