Staking advice

Crossed_Body

You could try mage boxing?

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Staking's not a reliable way to make money, no matter what people tell you. Anyone can always beat anyone else, and you can always get cleaned (or lose the amount you've let yourself stake with, if you're smart enough to set a stopping point).

Much better to do something like hosting the dice game. Your opponents are ruled by the same gambling addict logic that makes people stake, but the odds are definitively in your favor that way.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Patience. Being in the flashiest outfit doesn't hurt either.

At first it feels like you'll never get people playing, but once you get a few they draw in more and after a while you've got a crowd spam trading you every time you finish a game so they can be next. That's my experience anyway. Also, don't get discouraged if you lose a lot- paying out winnings of 1m+ is the best advertisement you can get.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Patience. Being in the flashiest outfit doesn't hurt either.

At first it feels like you'll never get people playing, but once you get a few they draw in more and after a while you've got a crowd spam trading you every time you finish a game so they can be next. That's my experience anyway. Also, don't get discouraged if you lose a lot- paying out winnings of 1m+ is the best advertisement you can get.

Which world and place should I do it?

crossed_body.png

North of Varrock east bank on one of the F2P trade worlds. They all have a thriving dice game community there.

I'm not much of a staker, but I'd say mage boxing or melee boxing. Just because it's simple. The more variables you add, the harder it is to predict who will win. The only other big one is melee with weapon/spec on, which is your choice.

Keep in mind that for the most part it's a 50/50 chance of winning (give or take).

In response to the people who said that staking isn't a reliable way to make money - that is true for most people, but a decent amount of people walk away up at least 1B. If you are capable of calling when to walk away/setting a limit, I'd say go for it. Staking is truly the fastest way to win and lose money at this point. Just always keep in mind that you could be the one losing a lot.

Also, RE: Hosting Dice Game: It's your call on this. I find it really hard to pull billions hosting - the rush has died down. You'll still get bets up to 100M, but they're pretty damn rare. Also, I have gotten muted twice hosting it. Your call once again. I wouldn't.

In response to the people who said that staking isn't a reliable way to make money - that is true for most people, but a decent amount of people walk away up at least 1B.

Of course there are. That's how gambling works. It's just that you have an equal chance of being that guy or the guy who got cleaned out.

Crossed, coming out down once doesn't mean it's a bad money maker. People who claim to be unlucky are, absolutely invariably, people who don't stick with methods for long enough for the law of averages to help them out. In other words, stop being impatient and you'll stop being "unlucky."