Bots Scammers RWT Lures, Impact On Runescape

Kris_Sheehy

This is MMO gaming 2k11, its not about the achievement, its about being the best, no matter how you become that.

However scammers has cooled a bit down lately, but bots are care, they don't earn too much anyway.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

This is MMO gaming 2k11, its not about the achievement, its about being the best, no matter how you become that.

To most of us I reckon it's about fun?

Still, encouraging botting, RWT, account hijacking and scamming was a choice Jagex made when they re-introduced free trade.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

To most of us I reckon it's about fun?

Still, encouraging botting, RWT, account hijacking and scamming was a choice Jagex made when they re-introduced free trade.

Botting, RWT was just as huge before free trade, hijacking on the other side is a problem.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Botting, RWT was just as huge before free trade, hijacking on the other side is a problem.

Hardly. Remember the situation before trade limits, and how many bots were "missing" afterwards?

There was no point in running bots on disposable accounts as nothing could be tranferred, but now there is.

As for RWT; I recall masses of bots spamming F2p to buy and sell rares, supplies and RuneScape gold for real life money (starting right when free trade was announced). That wasn't the case during the trade limit period either.

As much as you may be a supporter of free trade and whatnot, you cannot deny it encourages botting and RWT.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

As for RWT; I recall masses of bots spamming F2p to buy and sell rares, supplies and RuneScape gold for real life money (starting right when free trade was announced). That wasn't the case during the trade limit period either.

As much as you may be a supporter of free trade and whatnot, you cannot deny it encourages botting and RWT.

Spamming or not, botting was just more quiet before, sites sold services or bots that did the botting on your account, now you can transfer gold between accounts instead of earning it on the customer's account.

Free trade has only made things more visible and marginally worse.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger