How Would You Detect Bots?

Alphanos

I am also pretty unhappy with the giant promise Jagex has made, installing a major improvement towards bots. Like the majority, I think, the Free-Trade/Wildy/Staking reinstallment was just a step to increase the gains of the company, jagex itself.

I personally used to report all bots I have seen when there was No-Free-Trade, detecting if a Player is a bot is fairly simple if it is a skill like Woodcutting or Fising or Firemaking, whereas Combat bots are not really detectable assuming the player you are confronting has public off and just kills some giants. But since almost all Bots follow a Script they are likely to get stuck or fail at certain tasks, cant handle situations, as simple as opening a door they have been trapped in.

At present I do not report bots anymore, as I see them next, the day after and even in a week there are the same players same names same movements... The blizzard company seems to be able to handle Bots pretty good, they have an extremely high advanced Detection System, but I guess this is certainly not the right forum to discuss about the inability of Jagex to detect bots.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, Jagex has pretty much sold their core values down the river for some cash. It's really been downhill since MMG took over. I personally think they're trying to squeeze out every penny they can out of it before they leave to die on the side of a road.