Trouble recovering password

noble_aloof

Hi the reason i'm posting this in general is because i posted a thread at least 6 months ago regarding how one of my neighborhood friends recovered one of his accounts that had been hacked and it turned out that the hacker had been playing on it for about 3 years without changing the recoveries or name. Basically this account was incredible and my friend after taking a 6ish month hiatus tried to recover the account (lets call it john111) but it says that it is not a valid username yet it appears in the highscores? could someone explain this or offer some troubleshooting options? I am posting on his behalf so i will not disclose the actual account name.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Chances are, the "hacker" on your friends account changed the account name and someone else has subsequently taken the accounts original account name hence why it is still on the hi-scores. The original name should still work when trying to recover it though.

Either that or he has forgotten the name/ the account has been locked.

Sylpheed.png

I actually found valuable information on the last thread regarding this that i dug up, apparently there were 10 counts of account sharing on the account so it is probably locked. ill check back in a few minutes.

edit: it still says that it isn't a valid account name.. I'm 100% sure these are the stats the account was left with when he recovered it and its not a desirable name and has never been changed.

the original post was here if anybody is looking for a decent story:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/269495-two-friends/page__st__20

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

rsof more helpful than tip.it??? Just learned they are doing work on it even though it lets me recover other accounts. thread closed unless anybody finds discussion value.

Discussion point: What is the best way to make an un-brute force-able account? I'm pretty sure JaGex finds the previous passwords (preferably in the order of first second third) and registered email address more important than the recovery questions themselves... right?

yes. im still a little confused because it still says this is an invalid username