Two friends

noble_aloof

Hello. about two/three and a half years ago when i made my current runescape account, i convinced many of my real life friends to play the game with me. although 5 friends from school were already actively playing (and currently have party hats galore), i got about 7 people to play the first month with me. most notable was my neighbor, john (not his actual name). after the first month, just about all 7 of these people quit or got banned. into the second month john loved the game and became a member at level 38 on his account hello01234567. i still remember meeting him in fally sq when he had his full mith on. we had a lot of fun and he eventually got to 52 attack then started to lose interest in the game. attack was his favorite skill. weeks started to pass, I got hacked(recovered), and i started to play a lot less. he quit aswell, he claimed the game was no fun without me.

fast forward a couple months.. we're at my house and we're just browsing the net when we come upon a runescape cheats site. we wanted to get skills to level 99!! i couldn't remember my runescape password to use for the site so john used his. there was an error though. we were kinda bummed out but it was alright since we didn't play anymore, it didn't effect us. DISCLAIMER: i don't condone cheating or using cheats

fast forward about 6 months. i start playing again with a 30mil "birthday gift" from an aforementioned irl friend. i try to convince other friends to start playing again but they have all moved on to xbox, wow, and in some cases, real life. i kept playing with a passion to make a succesful staking account.

early 08- after the removal of unbalanced trade i had no idea what to do so i started training skills (namely fletching) and i kept trying to convince my friends to keep playing. i tried my hand at pking but i was terrible, so after the summer started i thought i would get my range up to pk better. in july i think? runescape hd came out and i convinced john to start playing again. he started a pure and trained it to 60 attack and 55 str before losing interest towards the start of school. that was the last time he logged into runescape. john started hanging out with a new group of friends.

literally 2 years passed while i played off and on, even my rich friends from irl started to quit. i barely talked to john this entire school year though he is my neighbor. i didn't have much time to play runescape during this year either, but i recently started at the beginning of summer.

last week i decided to have john over to swim. our friendship started to rekindle. two days ago i went over his house. i was on his computer while he played xbox. "dude you should really start playing runescape again!" i said. "you still play? really?" he was amazed. "yeah a little bit.. i'm pretty good now". he said "i would if i could remember my pures password". i asked him if it was on his computer. he replied saying probably not. i did a search of the term "runescape on his computer". deep into the bowels of his harddrive there was a folder called runescape. i clicked it.

inside there were a few video clips he made with (probably) hypercam. at the bottom of the folder there was a text file. i opened it. inside there was an account name, two passwords, recovery questions, bank pin, and membership pin. then it started to dawn on me: this is the information for his old account!

i called him over and he looked at it. it was last edited in 2007. "Sweet" i thought. "you can start playing again".

he chuckled. he now had the password and details for his long-forgotten account. he tried entering the passwords but it wouldn't log in. we thought maybe he had written them down wrong. he said he would try his recovery questions and such later.

today, there was a knock at my door. i had just gotten back from a run in 90 degree heat and was about to jump in my pool. i let him in. he didn't even take his shoes off or say a word before he ran up my stairs into the gameroom that he enjoyed so much. he sat down, brought up runescape and logged in. "wtf are you doing??" i was starting to get mad.

i squinted at the computer screen between beads of sweat. he smiled at me. i see a character wearing full void and an trimmed attack skillcape. "YOU BOUGHT AN ACCOUNT???" i was jealous. then i looked at the name. it was hello01234567. i looked in his inventory- 18mil. his skills- a higher total level than mine + three 99's. "you played all this time? you got void?".

"whats void?" he asked.

TL;DR:

apparently, the entire time after my friend entered his account details on that website, someone was actively playing on his account and got it to level 120 with three 99's. that person never took the time to change recovery questions or set a bank pin. as i watched him register an email address and set a bank pin, i knew there was plenty of happy scaping ahead of us.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

So instead of calling this topic "two friends" maybe you should have called it "Cheating pays off big time" or "Cheat now, reap rewards later" lol.

Where's the discussion value of this thread?... :|

Quite an interesting story, but it didn't turn out how it was expecting. Happy endings are boring :(

I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not that the people who make those cheat sites never bothered to change the pass after years though.

If he got bored after just 50 ish attack I doubt he'll stay for long now, anyway. Now he has a successful account, I can imagine him not knowing what to do with it, or running out of money and losing interest.

Edit: Successful troll is successful. hello01234567 is 13 letters. :rolleyes:

This.

But if that did happen, then its pretty sweet.

He said that John wasn't his real name too, it's likely he's used that name so nobody would know who he is, which makes sense since he broke the rules. Nobody has an account with 13 characters either, so nobody innocent will get into trouble for it.

i'd post his name but since there was 'apparent' rule breaking and i GUESS account sharing i'm not going to post the account name. do you honestly think i would take the time to post a story like this if i was lying? i just thought it was a crazy and random outcome. i also want to make it clear that although he entered his details, he never did use cheats of any kind.

if anyone seriously doubts, please drop me a private message and i will gladly meet up with you in game, and i'll bring him along.

edit: and obviously hello.....whatever wasn't the name. its worth mentioning that the hacker did not change it from the original name, though.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

That's hilarious, I bet the hacker's going to be very confused soon :P

What are we discussing?

I don't get the requirement these days for a thread to have a lot of discussion value. I thought it was a fun read and reminded me of my own runescape story as well.

wl7w9j.png

Haha that is pretty cool, and believe it or not, it's happened to me too!

It was my old character, and i had a rubber chicken/scythe/zombie head on it. I lost it a couple years back, didn't bother to recover since I had my main account (the one i use now), and after I got it back, I found out i had 3m and 500 more total levels! Not as much progress as your friend's account, but hey, it was pretty fun to find out.

Have fun 'scaping :^_^:

Staurolite.png

I've heard of similar stories from ages ago.

Basically, hackers who just wanted to try out higher leveled accounts would "borrow" an account, train some skills and such, then give it back.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

When I first look at the sub title, I was expecting some friendship thingy, even though the content deviate from what I expected. Though I don't see how visiting cheat site and breaking several rules on the way there until the end is fine, but I am glad that you guys are starting to get back into the game again (well your friend anyways).

In any case, breaking any kind of rules isn't good, if you are thinking about quitting the game, just leave everything alone instead of selling it or messing it up with cheat programs.

That reminds me of numerous time that walking along the world of RS, so many people would say they got hacked and such. Which is why I never really show that much sympathy mostly due to their own indiscreet action. I know some people in real life that actually write those type of cheat program, and he merely said that if you are not greedy or too lazy to train, there would be no demand for them in the first place (which of could all lead back to RWT and botting).

a happy Runescaper

Decent story i guess....

But... a... where's the inspiration? :mellow:

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

I'd like to set something straight: i care very, very much about my account and i have never done anything to jepordize it. the first time i got hacked a kid from school guessed my recovs and used my lunch-pin (which was the same as my bank pin), or so i was told. i do not encourage or partake in rule-breaking. I do not cheat at runescape, and never will. I wasn't the one to enter my password on a cheating site

edit: today he went into account management and john claims that there are 10 counts of account sharing, i didn't get to ask how many blackmarks there were. i'm thinking now that his timing was even better, perhaps the account got banned a few months ago and only got unbanned recently?

Anyone want to place bets on how long its gonna take his friend "John" to lose all his money + the void set? I's say 2 weeks.

The problem with someone who buys/gets an account thats a lot higher combat than the account they had before is that they don't know what to do with it. They end up going to KQ with full void and a godsword while skulled and they use lobbies as food and no prayer pots or teles.

Soldin_911.png

he got reverse hacked or something. cool story. lmao at "whats void?"

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 1 month later...

I'm so lazy to read all this long thread. Maybe, u can post it in few parts?

Your first post on these forums is

1. Bumping an old thread

2. Announcing that your attention span is too short to read 200 words

3. Asking the poster who has probably already forgotten about the post to summarize the thread for you, so don't have to spend the time reading it yourself (something he already did at the bottom).

talk about hit the ground running.

clansig7.gif

I'm so lazy to read all this long thread. Maybe, u can post it in few parts?

is this a joke? i even posted a TL;DR summary for people like you.

and for those of you wondering- he quit in about a week after he got the account back, but he didn't spend any of his money stupidly.