Barrows setup/methods

HexiledRazz

I know, i know. It's another barrows thread, God forbid. But this one might be a bit different: Barrows on a Zerker.

I made my Zerker members again the other day to continue working on a Zerker/Runite pure guide I'm building for submission to the AoW. And i thought i might have some fun along side of gathering data. So i wanted to try out barrows.

I made my Zerker before i realized that they can do barrows. So I'm about to do In Search of the Myreque and deal with the extra 600 exp till level in defense for the shortcut. But after that, I'll be using home tab -> restore prayer -> portal to Canifis -> bank -> shortcut to barrows.

My zerker pretty much has access to all of the good stuff(Sans things like high herblore and prayer). Full void w/ deflector(No mage hood though), barrows gloves, 94 mage, a decent cashpile, ect. But I'm wondering what would be the best method for him doing barrows due to his low defense. I'm obviously going to welfare my first few trips until i get used to barrowing on him. So I'd like to avoid using my void for a while(Getting that stuff without 100 combat is a nightmare).

I was thinking about barrage Sallying just like i do on my main, though I'm extremely paranoid about forgetting that my attack style is on the lower left-hand side(Mage style for the sally) and switch to my DDS and accidentally spec on defensive... Though depending on what options are available to me, i might end up doing it this way anyway and just take the extra time to be extremely careful with attack styles.

But if possible, I'd like to avoid sallying. And avoid praying on all the brothers(only 52 prayer, so i would need to bring a lot of potions). Also, I'd like to know if i should melee karil and range or melee ahrim(70 attack, 91 strength, 74 range).

But if sallying is truly the best option, I'd like some input on my setup. On my main i use v skirt + nezzy helm + ahrim's top and my sally. So with my Zerker i was thinking a Dagon hai top(Splitbark maybe?), prossy skirt, and a prossy helm. And for the tunnels i would bring a rune kite + rune plate for the defense against the monsters down there.

I appreciate any input that anyone can give me on suggestions and such. Thanks ^.^

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Best option is following unless you have a rapier:

Ice barrage all melee brothers.

Claw rush Ahrim and Karil inbetween, bring spec recover, extreme str, atk and magic, remember to pray turmoil.

Blood blitz to heal in tunnels.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Best option is following unless you have a rapier:

Ice barrage all melee brothers.

Claw rush Ahrim and Karil inbetween, bring spec recover, extreme str, atk and magic, remember to pray turmoil.

Blood blitz to heal in tunnels.

I only have 70 attack, and no thrills like 95 prayer or 85 herblore. As i covered in the OP.

But i like your idea of claw rushing Ahrim and Karil; i didn't even think about that. I should be able to eliminate at least one of them with a full spec bar.

And i thought i was out for healing besides rocktails and baskets of strawberries since i can't get an EE and don't have soulsplit. But i completely forgot about blood spells. Thanks!

Oh claws most definately destroy karil and Ahrim. But since you can only claw one of them per chest since you don't have spec restores, you should bring an ss or something to get kc, and kill the other.

Staurolite.png

You don't get KC when doing barrows, it reduces efficiency. And if you do Karil > Dharok > Verac > Torag > Guthan > Ahrim, you shouls be able to claw both and have full spec when you are out of the tunnels again, unless you are überefficient already ;)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

Pretty much doing what the first poster said,

Another method, One of my favorites, is using God Spells (Im not sure if a zerker can use these, but I cant look it up right now)

What you do is unlock a God spell (Claws of Guthix reduces Defense by 10%, I use this) and get some Prostylete and use the Charge spell and mage all the melee brothers and either range or melee Karil and Ahrim. If you can use this method just be sure to use charge when it wears off.

BUT, Doing all Barrage/Blood blitzing for extra food and clawing karil/ahrim.. Thats always the best

2cscsia.png]

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I went on a Barrows run last night, and I actually did pretty good. Only problem is that barrage runes cost so much. So when I finally get a barrows item my profits might be nerfed a bit.

I don't really think that there is a way around that though. Because I kinda need blood spells for healing.

If you do the chests fast enough you will profit more, and if you find yourself happy playing FoG you should consider buy battlerobes, even though it isnt "epic" without SoL

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger