RS Client problems...

JacTise69

Downloaded the RS client and after getting sick of how often it crashes I would like to go back to playing from the main website. Everytime I click play now it says that it's detected that I've downloaded the client and gives me no way of playing from the website telling me to redownload the client to play. I've cleared my jagex_cache_32 folder etc and can't get it to work.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

I literally have no idea that sounds very strange.

i've used the client when browser bugs or w/e have thrown cogs in the machine never have I had the stie refuse to let me play because of this.

All I could perhaps suggest is you haven't shutdown/exitted the client fully?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Downloaded the RS client and after getting sick of how often it crashes I would like to go back to playing from the main website. Everytime I click play now it says that it's detected that I've downloaded the client and gives me no way of playing from the website telling me to redownload the client to play. I've cleared my jagex_cache_32 folder etc and can't get it to work.

Go to wherever you downloaded the client to and just delete it.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

That is very odd.. are you sure RS is referring to the client? Or are they referring to java version or something? Can you plese give us the exact text.

I just tried to log on to RS online myself, with the client installed, and it was fine. It seems odd becuase the client is not installed, it's just an executable.. And it's not like RS goes trawling around your computer.. almost sounds like a virus TBH, although thats just massive massive speculation that is almost definately wrong.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

What does the error message say exactly?

Have you tried reinstalling Java?

Have you tried playing on different broswers?

Try redownloading it and uninstalling it again.

It sounds ridiculous if something like that were true where they force to use the client. Also a system restore to the day before you installed client should do the trick too.

randomkcopyq.png