Storylines

pulli23

Hi there,

I've been looking for it quite a while, but I seem to be unable to find it:

I'd like to have a good overview from the complete storylines within runescape, and how they interact with each other. I'm always wondering: what do temple knights & white knights have to do with each other, do the pirates know off the slug menace?

I know I can read the various quest guides, and the various articles at the runewiki.. However this is often not cohensive, and doesn't read nicely. So does there exist a complete overview, written in a "book"-style, so it can be read at a good sunny day with a relaxing cold beer sitting in the garden?

I think such a thing would be amazing to have on tip.it.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I agree actually, although many things are rumours. It would be nice to have a complete (as far as we currently know) lore of runescape and it's quests around here. I know Sy could probably fill in a lot of things. If enough things were gathered, I'm sure the crew would be happy to help and maybe even have it on the main site.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That would be quite interesting to see written up. I could probably do it if I had the time, I might see what I can do over the weekend at at least getting a rough outline together.

But to cover the two small points in your question:

No the pirates do not know about the sea slug's by any current in-game evidence.

Temple Knights are the Elite White Knights; as explained in a quest they recruit from within the White Knights (you had to become a white knight before tiffy could hire you into temple knights). Best comparison in real world terms would be temple knights are sort of like the cia or fbi while the white knights are the standard police.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That would be quite interesting to see written up. I could probably do it if I had the time, I might see what I can do over the weekend at at least getting a rough outline together.

But to cover the two small points in your question:

No the pirates do not know about the sea slug's by any current in-game evidence.

Temple Knights are the Elite White Knights; as explained in a quest they recruit from within the White Knights (you had to become a white knight before tiffy could hire you into temple knights). Best comparison in real world terms would be temple knights are sort of like the cia or fbi while the white knights are the standard police.

Well those crabs & stuff from zombie pirates just remembered me from the slugs.. (And slugs seem to be something in a lot of quests, didn't you see slug when doing the last penguin quest?).

Problem with temple knights is that they don't really seem opposed to the black knights.

Also, are the black knights of keep le faye actually in same way related to the black warrior castle? Or the barbarian village in f2p, do they have connections with the "high barbarians" in the north?

I think a good read is really nice to have, but care should be taken it's not a "timeline", timelines focus often too much on EVENTS not really showing the interaction between different groups on rs. (And mostly focus on gods/mahjarats)

Then they came for me

Sea slugs did pop up in the last cutscene or two of the last penguin quests, speculation is the penguins warring ideals r being caused by the slugs.

Temple Knights have a whole conspiracy wtf are they actually up to thing going on, but what I posted is the role they are meant to be. The core of the temple knight story line seems to be wtf actually happened to the king of falador.

All black knights are related. the Kinshra as they are officially known are primarily concerned with getting Falador; but they are also sort of "rogues for hire" and hence pop up a fair bit.

The barbarians are all related, the barbarian village was founded by an offshoot of the barbarian invasion in the 2nd(?) age to wipe out magic that sort of got left behind and setup camp, they are still a colony of Rellekka.

And yeah timeline would be boring; but definitely need a timeline in it somewhere to cover the chronology and it would make a good starting point as a rough outline to flesh out around.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have a feeling you may need some sort of very large diagram.

Edit: It would probably also be best to start from the beginning, so starting with the base lore (from making history) then the events of the different ages before our characters were made. That is probably the best thing to do to set up the groundwork for any other storylines.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I would think easiest way would be tell base lore thats not story line related.

Then tell each story line, even if it means things are told twice; unless of course two story lines totally merge and vanish into a new one in which case both could be ended with continued in story line x

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Decided to get this started over in AOW

http://forum.tip.it/topic/292399-wip-the-concise-guide-to-runescape-lore-and-history/

will try and fill out the basics by the weekend, feel free to leave comments of any story lines I seem to of missed or ideas for it.

Gonna take a while to compile though, intend to work through section by section doing necessary research and citing evidence where possible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well I would base the chapters on the races instead on the times (no it keeps having the feeling of a chronological explanations of events, instead of a real "lore" ).

Then they came for me

I get what you mean, I'm just using the timeline as a basis.

Each stories events need to be roughly chronological to make sense; though the lore surrounding events can be revealed in the relevant order opposed to the order learnt in-game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg