poh house location choices

drixoman

Chipped tabs means that house location choice is pretty much irrelevant. However, the original purpose of this thread was to ask a purely mathematical question with somewhat arbitray restrictions that, frankly, are in no way practical or useful or efficient.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

i would say it's only applicable in limited scope. It's like those technical thing the Jagex just "can't" fix; it's unfeasible to consider banking/and thus any switch of item. Sure if there is banking then Yanille would be best as no other POH location has a bank. But if you do that then this whole question is moot anyway as if you can access a bank then anywhere can be reached. But to me if there is a place where only a specific combo of config in transportation overlap can reach I'd willing to jump a few node to get to a bank, since I'm using the same starter, a regular tradeable tablet. (Rimmington ring to me)

it's basically a network topology thing. It's all about the locations inherent spatial relationships here.

i would say it's only applicable in limited scope. It's like those technical thing the Jagex just "can't" fix; it's unfeasible to consider banking/and thus any switch of item. Sure if there is banking then Yanille would be best as no other POH location has a bank. But if you do that then this whole question is moot anyway as if you can access a bank then anywhere can be reached. But to me if there is a place where only a specific combo of config in transportation overlap can reach I'd willing to jump a few node to get to a bank, since I'm using the same starter, a regular tradeable tablet. (Rimmington ring to me)

it's basically a network topology thing. It's all about the locations inherent spatial relationships here.

But as we established:

The internal house teleports give fast access to the fairy rings and most other free transport networks thereby rendering it moot anyway; especially since without banking or using items fairy rings are the major network and they can get you within running distance of most anywhere.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

A house in Yanille would be stupid because you can just use watchtower teleport to tele right in the middle of Yanille. Rimmington, Taverly or Relekka are probably most useful, though with chipped tabs, your house can be pretty much anywhere. Mine is at Taverly right now, since I don't DK much (had it there to do Yak summoning training, from before teletabs)

Chipped tabs aside:

If yanille is "stupid" becuz of watchtower tele.

Then surely rellekka is stupid because of lyre, fremmy boots, lunar teles, slayer and a number of fairy rings that all drop you closer to the useful spots in that area than house does.

Rimmington is stupid because of the number of teles that drop you in more useful spots in that area. Skills necklace, and mudskipper fairy ring specifically.

Taverly because of again another array of teles dropping your right there and closer to the useful spots.

Uhm, a lyre needs to be recharged every so often which is pretty annoying. Fremmy boots + lyre (2 items, waste of space), can only be used once a day. Slaying ring is miles away from the relekka boat. Lunar tele makes you have to take the ship again to pirates cove etc. Also, a chipped tablet to Relekka is nice, but if your going to DKS, you will be carrying Home tabs anyway to tele out once your done, so you can save 1 inventory space by having your home at Relekka (no Relekka tab needed).

I actually used Rimmington for the bush patch which is right next to the house portal. Skills necklace and fairy ring are both much much slower.

So yeah, please shut up if you don't know what I'm talking about;

I do know what you're talking about.

You said:

Yanille portal is stupid because there is a teleport just outside it. Excluding chipped tabs.

My point:

By that logic all portals are equally stupid as they all have teleports equally close by, mostly offering closer drop off to necessary locations.

Also lyre recharge is easy you can do it via fremmy boots.

Yes in other ways the portals you mentioned do have greater use than yanille for specific tasks.

I didn't argue that, I simply pointed out the logic of portal X is stupid because teleport y is right near there equally applies to all portals, rendering them all stupid.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also, if you're on lunars, you could, ya know, talk to almost any villager and have them tele you off the island? Lol. You don't need the boat. Unless you want to start debating the advantages vs disadvantages of toggling off the seal of passage after beating the elite fremnik diary...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.