Conquest!

Cheat

Well I'm currently working towards full elite void and the deflector along with it. I gave conquest a go today and I wasn't great at it - I was wondering is there a guide and tactics that I should follow or do people just do matches and then resign for ranks or what? Also how long does 250 conquest ranks take to gain and also how many commendations would I get over this time? Thanks for your help.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

If you have a friend who already has a deflector or whatever, then that friend can suicide for you. The ranks take maybe 5-10 games. I was at rank 1069 and got to 1257 in about 1.5 hours or so (not 100% sure on this, though) with a friend.

ozXHe7P.png

By suiciding do you mean that he just moves all his troops forward and I kill them or that we play 2 minutes of a conquest game then he withdraws?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

By suicide, I mean play the game, but have one person lose every time. You have to do a certain amount of moves, etc I believe in order to get rank. So play like normal, except have your friend make terrible decisions, such as not attack or use a scout to attack a Champion.

ozXHe7P.png

There are different ways to play the game, much dependant on your setup.

You should always have charge and battle cry. Without these it is impossible to put enough pressure on your opponent. Of course when defending, take into account that your opponent will probably have these commands.

I recommend having some knights to be able to one-hit enemy champions (with battle cry), as this prevents regenerating them. For all other troops, knights will one-hit without battle cry.

Archers are nice for their long range, I take one. I usually try to get a kill on an opponent's mage or archer for a quick 100 pts.

Halberds can't be one-hit by archers, scouts or soldiers and they can attack more powerful troops without suffering the retaliation (and the following swift death, very effective versus vigilance). With shield wall these can survive one turn no matter what is thrown at them, unlike scouts which require a health boost in addition.

You should count how many command points your opponent has. They get 25 per turn + the value of the troops they kill. The person who starts the game gets 0 points for their first turn. If they use a command, subtract the number of points the command costs. Similarly, keep a list of your opponent's commands and write down their cooldowns as you see them being used. You can usually guess what commands they have from the troops on the battlefield. For example if someone has champion - champion - mage - mage - knight, you would conclude they can only have up to (1000 - 200 - 200 - 100 - 100 - 100 =) 300 points on commands, of which probably 75 spent on charge and battle cry (each). This means your opponent will not have bombard (200 pts).

It's important to keep your distance, too. Do not step into the range of a troop that can kill you. Take into account that charge will increase the distance a troop can go, and battle cry will increase the damage they do. Charge + battle cry on a simple scout will make it one-hit a knight from 12 squares away.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I did this 4 days ago. What I did is (might be seen as slightly dishonourable) is challenge players who are ranked under 1000.

I use a setup of 4 scouts, 2 halberdiers, 1 mage, 2 champions. My four special attacks were Charge, Battle Cry, Chastise, and Vigilance.

If the opponent has a large number of magers/rangers, you've got massively lucky. This is where the scouts are extremely useful. Use charge to one-hit their mages/rangers and then with the points you gain from killing that, you can use another special move to avoid your scout dying (if you're lucky with positioning/the units your opponent is using).

Opponent who use a large number of the "ordinary" units - Knights, Foot Soldiers, Champions - should be countered using your halberdiers and champions. The ability of the halberdier to avoid a retaliation from an attack due to its range is extremely useful. Using this attack and combining it with "vigilance" is highly effective. Combining "battle cry" with "charge" can K.O. other champions, and then combining that with chastise or vigilance if your opponent has other champions nearby can basically win you the game.

Lastly, the mage should be used due to its decent range and ability to counter halberdiers. It's a strong unit and can be very useful.

If your opponent ever casts chastise on your unit in order to delay an attack, just skip a go. It confuses your opponent and gives you 25 special move points.

Hope that helps. Don't feel this is the only setup that works - there are definately better ones - but take some of my strategies into account for your own playstyle!

EDIT: After reading the above post I'd completely agree about counting your opponent's special move points. Another useful strategy is counting their turns since the last battle cry/charge, and planning accordingly.

Conquest is similar to chess in the regard that generating unequal exchanges that favor you is benificial. A scout is worth 25 points, and an archer is woth 100, it makes sense to use charge on a scout to kill the archer. Even if you don't use another command to protect your scout and it dies you forced a 25 for 100 exchange in your favor (your opponent lost more material than you). If you can generate enough of a material advantage, you can then control the tempo of the match so long as you know when your opponent is capable of battle crying, charging, etc.