I Can't Finish Anything

Axe_Volcano

After I entered in that pixel contest I went through some sort of pixel art phase. Even though I have no idea how to properly create pixel art I started a bunch anyway. However, I have a terrible habit of not finishing what I started. So I'll go ahead and just post some pictures of the beginning parts of a few pixels I did in the last month or so, just so you guys don't think I'm dead or something.

I'll start with a newer one:

2uif6ll.png

It's line-art of a character uppercutting a dragon.

2jdmc8h.png

Same image but I am coloring it, (Black and white.) This is where I stopped and never finished it. Oh well.

2e0vker.png

This is a really small picture of two dudes exchanging fish or something. I got bored before I even bothered with fixing the line-art. Oh well.

8vzrkz.png

Here's my character as he trains strength on giant spiders. I started coloring it and got bored.

r2rcw9.png

Here it is again but where I started coloring it and got bored and stopped forever.

65wtau.png

Here's some dude holding a whip and defender. I really liked this one but I never got around to finishing it. Blegh.

I'm pretty sure the problems with those last few pieces are that I'm making them too big. I'll have to work on that.

n21i5j.png

And here was my entry for that pixel contest. Feel free to use this as your signature because I most certainly won't.

I'll get around to finishing these some day. For now you can look here to gaze upon my works and give me criticism so that I may be encouraged to finish them.

In the mean time, thanks for viewing my garbage!

All I can say is, this stuff is good, you just need to set your mind to it and finish something.

but i probably say that cuz my drawing skills equal 0

no kiddin, you got some nice drawings there, just try to finish em, 1 at a time. don't rush yourself thinking you *have* to do em, do 1 when you feel like it

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

I can see that you're a really talented pixel artist, and it's a shame that these are unfinished. However I am in the same boat as you, where I'd start making something, then just give up.

I think you are right about the larger canvas's though, you should definitely do some smaller ones.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Great stuff :D I really hope you finish these because theyre great!

Smaller generally means faster AND you can put more detail into them. So try some 300x150 (im really into that size atm; not too big and not too small)

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

yea lol dont resize your stuff unless your in photoshop and theyre only rough sketches (rough sketches dont matter if they get jumbled a little in the resizing)

Do you shade in grey tones and then change them to colors afterwards?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

I did use photoshop for these and it still comes out all jumbled...I guess I'll just have to stop being lazy or something and fix them when they get resized, hah.

I do the grey tone thing when I do my normal digital painting, so I thought it might carry over to pixelling, but mind you I'm not a seasoned pixel artist at all so it may or may not work. We'll see. These are the first pixels I've done in years!