do you think i can do barrows?

steelworks

I personally wouldn't bother with barrows at your level. I don't even bother at my level. My big money maker is RuneCrafting through the abyss - which churns out roughly 450k an hour. For barrows to be profitable, however, you must rely soley on luck. It CAN be more profitable on RuneCrafting, but it can go back to being very unprofitable very quickly.

I'm 67 mage now and I've gone to using Fire Bolt in the barrows even though I *can* cast wind wave. Why?

$$. Using magic dart, I can finish the barrows with 2 1/2 (4) dose prayer pots and 2 sharks. I also burn through about 100 deaths and 500 minds.

Using Fire Bolt, I can finish the barrows with 3 (4) dose prayer pots and 2 sharks. I burn through about 130-140 chaos...

Anyone who has 43 prayer and 40ish mage can do barrows. The most efficient kill method for every brother except Ahrim is maging (Although Karil is a ranger for some reason he's a lot faster to kill with magic than melee). If you have 60+ ranging it helps *a lot* with Ahrim but you can subsitute maging ahrim and an extra prayer pot (although 3/4 of your spells will fizzle on him, enough will get through to kill him slowly).

Now here's the snag... even once you're cb lvl 100+, people still die at the barrows regularly. There is always someone alching at dharok... why? Because Dharok can kill someone even with 99 hp in 2 hits if they let thier prayer run out. People get greedy with dharok, seeing him low on hp... got 8 prayer points left... I'll hold off dosing up the prayer pot... WHAM... person alching has a very good day and picks up your stuff (or the next person to come fight dharok finds your abandoned treasure).

Melee stats are unimportant at the barrows since protect prayers are required to fight all of the brothers (unless you use a more exotic technique like cannoning or ancient magick). Barrows is all about execution of strategy as opposed to pure ownage stats. All of the brother's special abilities render most of your stats moot except for prayer and mage.

I'm 67 mage now and I've gone to using Fire Bolt in the barrows even though I *can* cast wind wave. Why?

$$. Using magic dart, I can finish the barrows with 2 1/2 (4) dose prayer pots and 2 sharks. I also burn through about 100 deaths and 500 minds.

Using Fire Bolt, I can finish the barrows with 3 (4) dose prayer pots and 2 sharks. I burn through about 130-140 chaos...

Anyone who has 43 prayer and 40ish mage can do barrows. The most efficient kill method for every brother except Ahrim is maging (Although Karil is a ranger for some reason he's a lot faster to kill with magic than melee). If you have 60+ ranging it helps *a lot* with Ahrim but you can subsitute maging ahrim and an extra prayer pot (although 3/4 of your spells will fizzle on him, enough will get through to kill him slowly).

Now here's the snag... even once you're cb lvl 100+, people still die at the barrows regularly. There is always someone alching at dharok... why? Because Dharok can kill someone even with 99 hp in 2 hits if they let thier prayer run out. People get greedy with dharok, seeing him low on hp... got 8 prayer points left... I'll hold off dosing up the prayer pot... WHAM... person alching has a very good day and picks up your stuff (or the next person to come fight dharok finds your abandoned treasure).

Melee stats are unimportant at the barrows since protect prayers are required to fight all of the brothers (unless you use a more exotic technique like cannoning or ancient magick). Barrows is all about execution of strategy as opposed to pure ownage stats. All of the brother's special abilities render most of your stats moot except for prayer and mage.

Nicely put.

This says it all, I couldnt have said it better.