The Beginning of the End of Murdoch's Empire

magekillr

to be honest I think the Mail is far more cancerous to this country than The Sun will ever be.

pretty much what the guy above me said, The Sun is looked down upon as a paper for the "working-class idiot" whereas the Mail propagates the same sensationalist lies but markets itself as an upmarket paper.

This is very true, but if you stop treating the Sun, like Jeremy Clarkson, as a constantly serious source of news, it can be very entertaining.

I personally only read the local paper, and get the rest of the news from BBC and Sky on the internet, as well as a few other websites if my news feed links to it. I think a lot of people do the same.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest I think the Mail is far more cancerous to this country than The Sun will ever be.

pretty much what the guy above me said, The Sun is looked down upon as a paper for the "working-class idiot" whereas the Mail propagates the same sensationalist lies but markets itself as an upmarket paper.

This is very true, but if you stop treating the Sun, like Jeremy Clarkson, as a constantly serious source of news, it can be very entertaining.

I personally only read the local paper, and get the rest of the news from BBC and Sky on the internet, as well as a few other websites if my news feed links to it. I think a lot of people do the same.

I personally don't read local press - the Swanage & Wareham Advertiser is just too dull -, and aside from The Times I tend to use BBC online, printed news magazines (the weekly types, eg The Economist) and I also read The New Yorker online to keep up with what the US is doing.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau