Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Toki_Hakurei

[hide=Not important.]All I got from that was:

blah blah blah Crapcom blah blah blah it's not DLC blah blah blah I'm still going to eventually buy this game blah blah blah because it's faster than 56k modem SSF4:AE blah blah blah WHERE THE HELL IS MEGA MAN blah blah blah.

[/hide]

You're right. There is nothing I can do to change your mind. I guess you're going to have to go to Osaka and directly tell the game developers at Capcom Co., Ltd. those very complaints you have about the game though I doubt you'll get any sort of satisfaction unless you happen to know ANYTHING about how programming and game development works and if so please fly to Osaka and help them convert this expansion to DLC if you're this unhappy about it. Either way, I could care less. I'd pay $40 for a better netcode.

I'll throw this out, too: I don't know how the game development process works either, so I can't just go to Netherrealm Studios and whine and [censored] about why MK9's netcode sucks. I have to know how netcode works in order to provide better counter-arguments against them and help them make their game better. Sadly Game Development I and Computer Programming I is not in my school's curriculum, and neither do I have the tools and programs to practice computer programming with.

I made this thread to discuss this game and its predecessor's gameplay, characters, and combos. NOT to whine about Capcom. Take your salt somewhere else and make a new thread about game developers ripping us off. Good day.

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

This thread is to discuss Ultimate MvC3. I am doing just that.

There is absolutely no reason they can't release the characters as a downloadable add-on and you've yet to provide a legitimate explanation as to why they can't do that. They said they didn't release the characters individually due to the situation in Japan which is fair enough and no one is denying or arguing against that. That does in no way mean they can't release it as download content as well as releasing the package they've put together. This has very little to do with game development, which for your information, I have significant knowledge about so please don't go throwing around assumptions based off absolutely nothing.

All you're doing is blindly defending Capcom and providing no "evidence" towards your statements and just going off things that other people are saying rather than coming up with your own thoughts on the subject. All you've said is that if they released it as DLC it would cost $60 based on the fact they were selling at $5 before and thus we should be happy that we're getting ripped off now.

I will not be buying this for $40 and hopefully a lot of others will follow suit in protesting this ridiculous price. Most of those 12 new characters look really interesting I would love to play as them, however I do not play this game enough to warrant spending an additional $40 just so I can have access to a few more characters and I'm sure a lot of people feel exactly the same. All this is doing is isolating the players even more and making it a huge split between hardcore players who'd buy it no matter what and those who only play casually and not enough to warrant an additional $40 for just a couple of features that would rarely be used. This will also create a division online as well as I imagine that playing online between the two games is impossible thus making it so those who haven't bought this won't be able to play online as the majority of players who play a lot online will be moving over.

This thread is to discuss Ultimate MvC3. I am doing just that.

Can we at least get past the "it's not DLC" barrier so we do not have any more arguments in the future? It's the equivalent of me going on the CoD Black Ops thread, and constantly complaining about why Activision and Treyarch release their DLC a month later for PC and PS3 users after they release it for 360 users. "There is absolutely no reason they can't release" the map packs at the same time for each console.

I'd rather contribute metagame on gaming threads rather than money-grabbing tactics that gaming companies use so I can teach the FPS-savvy Tip.iters (85% of this site) how to throw a god-forsaken fireball.

There is absolutely no reason they can't release the characters as a downloadable add-on and you've yet to provide a legitimate explanation as to why they can't do that. They said they didn't release the characters individually due to the situation in Japan which is fair enough and no one is denying or arguing against that. That does in no way mean they can't release it as download content as well as releasing the package they've put together. This has very little to do with game development, which for your information, I have significant knowledge about so please don't go throwing around assumptions based off absolutely nothing.

In the case of SSF4, Yoshinori Ono stated that it was "too large of an update to be DLC" just to add 10 new characters, gameplay tweaks, and new modes. As for UMvC3, the same thing could have happened with the addition of 12 new characters, gameplay tweaks, and new modes, but SSF4 has more "in-depth" mechanics than MvC3 and that SSF4 uses a completely different game engine from MvC3's MT Framework 2.1.

The latter probable cause is obviously speculation and that I'm unsure which game engine is easier to work with.

All you're doing is blindly defending Capcom and providing no "evidence" towards your statements and just going off things that other people are saying rather than coming up with your own thoughts on the subject. All you've said is that if they released it as DLC it would cost $60 based on the fact they were selling at $5 before and thus we should be happy that we're getting ripped off now.

Had the new game be $60 I would be busy petitioning Capcom right now and agreeing with everything you said, but I cannot say no to rebalanced gameplay, a better online experience, X-Factor being less [developmentally delayed], and Jean Grey getting hit with the nerf bat now that the game is $40. Guilty as charged.

I will not be buying this for $40 and hopefully a lot of others will follow suit in protesting this ridiculous price.

Go to Capcom-Unity. Sign petitions.

Go to Shoryuken.com. Sign more petitions.

Go to Eventhubs. See how [censored] goes down.

Repeat.

Most of those 12 new characters look really interesting I would love to play as them, however I do not play this game enough to warrant spending an additional $40 just so I can have access to a few more characters and I'm sure a lot of people feel exactly the same.

As long as you don't complain about Mega Man I'm fine with this.

All this is doing is isolating the players even more and making it a huge split between hardcore players who'd buy it no matter what and those who only play casually and not enough to warrant an additional $40 for just a couple of features that would rarely be used.

Casuals play MvC?

[hide]Like that'll ever happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSbHE5iHUQ[/hide]

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Can we at least get past the "it's not DLC" barrier so we do not have any more arguments in the future? It's the equivalent of me going on the CoD Black Ops thread, and constantly complaining about why Activision and Treyarch release their DLC a month later for PC and PS3 users after they release it for 360 users. "There is absolutely no reason they can't release" the map packs at the same time for each console.

Microsoft have an exclusivity deal for a limited time. It sucks but it's how things are.

In the case of SSF4, Yoshinori Ono stated that it was "too large of an update to be DLC" just to add 10 new characters, gameplay tweaks, and new modes. As for UMvC3, the same thing could have happened with the addition of 12 new characters, gameplay tweaks, and new modes, but SSF4 has more "in-depth" mechanics than MvC3 and that SSF4 uses a completely different game engine from MvC3's MT Framework 2.1.

The latter probable cause is obviously speculation and that I'm unsure which game engine is easier to work with.

They are perfectly able to at least put the new characters and balance changes in with a patch at the very least, so all gameplay changes should be perfectly viable via a patch/Downloadable Content.

Had the new game be $60 I would be busy petitioning Capcom right now and agreeing with everything you said, but I cannot say no to rebalanced gameplay, a better online experience, X-Factor being less [developmentally delayed], and Jean Grey getting hit with the nerf bat now that the game is $40. Guilty as charged.

Don't get me wrong, everything in the update is awesome and I'm glad they're doing it, but they should have make it available without having to buy the same content again. Downloadable would be preferable but if it was via an expansion disc that would work fine too, the point it's basically a huge insult to those who already have it. I think the idea of a combined version like they're doing is awesome, but they need to offer an alternative.

I guess I'd be complaining less if they hadn't just released SFIV:AE and done that correctly and now they've just gone back into their old habits with no, as far as I'm aware, viable reason for doing so. I could be entirely wrong and they have a valid reason for doing it like this but as far as I can tell this is not the case.

Anyway, to the actual characters themselves. I'm very interested to see how Phoenix Wright will play, certainly a fairly odd inclusion but given some of the other characters in there I'm sure they'll come up with some crazy moves for him. As long as he shouts Objection a lot I will be happy.

My view on the new characters:

Frank West: I'll teach that Redfield guy how to properly kill zombies.

Nemesis: STAAAAAAAAARS.....STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS

Vergil: I make girls wet themselves whenever I talk.

Phoenix Wright: Hit me and I'm suing you for assault.

Also I updated a few characters' changelists.

EVO bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CPIqVL3ZQ4

I would do this on purpose when I'm Deadpool in that situation, but I would NEVER do it at EVO.

People can call it a fail all they want, but for me that was the biggest win of EVO 2k11 apart from Noah completely destroying people with triple or quadraple his age. It felt like he did it on purpose just to satisfy the croud :lol:

But it's still the first EVO I wath live, so meh. SSF4 was mostly quite full apart from the rare good match. MvC3 was amazing later on. early on everyone was spamming Wolverine/Akuma/phoenix/wesker, all the matches felt the same.

I wouldn't count Justin Wong out of the MvC tournment, he seemed really solid.

And quite honestly, Daigo also has an excellent Ryu and a very good Yun, he has a very solid chance to take the SSF4 title again.

[hide=EVO 2011 Results]Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition — Results

1. Fuudo (Fei Long)

2. BrokenTier|Latif (C. Viper)

3. Poongko (Seth)

4. MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Yun)

5. eLive|Kindevu (Yun)

5. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)

7. WolfKrone (C. Viper)

7. Flash Metroid (Zangief, C. Viper)

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 — Results

1. Viscant (Wesker, Haggar, Phoenix)

2. DMG|PR Balrog (Dante, Wolverine, Tron)

3. EG|Justin Wong (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)

4. cc.coL|Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)

5. UVG|Noel Brown (Wolverine, Wesker, Akuma)

5. cc.coL|Filipino Champ (Magneto, Sentinel, Phoenix)

7. Mine (Wesker, Taskmaster, Phoenix)

7. X-Ray (Dante, Amaterasu, Magneto)

Mortal Kombat 9 — Results

1. DMG|Perfect Legend (Kung Lao)

2. vVv|REO (Mileena)

3. JOP (Johnny Cage, Raiden)

4. LB|ChrisGNY (Reptile)

5. Denzell Terry (Johnny Cage, Liu Kang)

5. 16-Bit (Katana)

7. FR|ATL Redd (Liu Kang)

7. OnlineTony (Kabal)

Tekken 6 — Results

1. DMG|Kor (Bob)

2. Fab (Bob)

3. Reepal (Law)

4. JustFrameJames (Law, Baek)

5. Crow (Bob)

5. Mr. Naps (Bryan)

7. LLL|Ryan Hart (Kazuya)

7. MCZ|Tokido (Bob)

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift — Results

1. Spark (Hakumen)

2. Lord Knight (Makoto, Litchi)

3. MCZ|Tokido (Noel) [/hide]

Some highlights:

COMEBACKFIEND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gElci4l3O_k

Never give up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLXLHGr03dw

Also I gave the changelist an update.

lmao! killing yourself infront of all of those people! XD i dont think i could ever pick up my sticks after that one! jk

i always love seeing some evo gameplay it shows just how good fighting games are but too bad i still suck at them xD

foxtrot.jpg

so liek i know this dude name foxtrot and he luvs me

Man, Daigo got 4-0'd and perfected, I thought I'd never see the day that happened.

Still Poongkou was acting like a total [bleep] before the match, I don't get why the crowd always seems to boo Daigo, heck, they id the same for Justing Wong before that amazing comeback with akuma. It's as if they have a stigma against former champions.

Still Poongkou was acting like a total [bleep] before the match, I don't get why the crowd always seems to boo Daigo, heck, they id the same for Justing Wong before that amazing comeback with akuma. It's as if they have a stigma against former champions.

Well that's S. Korea vs Japan for ya.

Also people don't like Daigo because he didn't let America win at Street Fighter IV, he actually treats people with respect, and that he made a vid a few months before EVO 2011 claiming that he's gonna kick America's ass at MvC3 despite the "head start" that America had.

People don't like Justin Wong because he's a tier [bleep], but at least he didn't use Phoenix.

Angry Joe bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5W9n7bBgGA

inb4darkdudeagreeswitheverythinghesays

And to get past the hate let's get the hype going with ridiculous, impractical, overkill combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjasN6yrCLs

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this triple post, but now I finally have important, relevant information to put up.

[hide=Nemesis T-Type Character Vignette]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EO_9w608Ig[/hide]

[hide=Doctor Strange Character Vignette]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ahh38jv-Q[/hide]

• 1 month later...

Updated the first post with more relevant information after a while. Added the Phoenix Wright and Nova trailers as well as the NYCC trailer.

Though I think the mods are going to throw in an objection to my quad post.