Dungeoneering Questions

JPMC Mate

OMG. too much words.

Are we really going to argue about technicalities and wording of specific sentences?

Anyways, somebody in DGS taught me this (I don't really remember exactly who though)

To practice your flashing - head down to LRC and then turn on your exp bar.

If you click and the icon lights up before exp is awarded for the hit then you got it, if not - then you don't.

It's different for everybody (based on weapon atk speed, computer, internet, etc)

It's more important then you get the prayer on then you doing it and wasting 0 prayer points.

Anyhow, I digress. Like somebody said earlier - prayer is not the hugest deal in dungeon (especially prayer waste/flashing/etc)

There's nothing to really understand about dging - it's something that comes with experience.

If you can't do larges - then you're not going to learn. W117 is pretty popular - and some people are pretty decent.

If you find ones that are good and aren't total douchebags and waste time hiding from gds/bosses/etc, then ask if you can add them so you can do floors with them in the future.

Honestly, you used to post all day about "OMG, MY MIDS ARE TOO LONG" and now you've gotten them down to ~15 minutes.

How'd you do it? Surely not by reading about dging and magically getting there - you try stuff out and get better at it.

Obviously you should know what styles to use (because "testing it out" without any actual data won't be that helpful)

For the most part - you should know when to use slash/crush.

For those monsters that you're not 100% on, you should ask that.

Anyhow for the most part of dging - the monsters are mages/rangers (slash), zombies (slash), skeles (crush), spiders (slash), hellhounds (crush), hill giants (slash), fire giants (mage), warriors (plate - mage/plateless-slash)

That was before I was grounded. Now that I am not, I can start back up on large dungeons. Thank you for your help. This question is answered (well, was a while ago, hence the [Answered]).

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

1. Protect on anything that deals damage to you. You can flash protection prayers to defend versus multipe enemies using different attack styles or flash to conserve prayer. A protect prayer should be up before the enemies attack animation starts to provide protection. This means if you're fighting a high level necro and a high level forgotten ranger you can pray mage before the necros attack, then range before the rangers and protect from both.

As for boost you should always peity/turmoil flash. You need to have the prayer activated before your attack animation starts but after that you can turn it off. The best way I personally gauge it is using the exp bar. It needs to be activated for the tick when the exp is given, not for any others.

2. It's enough to ZMI.

3. I personally only do this when running paths. If I notice a mage that would unhood me as I run through then I take it off as I run through the room then re-equip it at the end. What is even better is if you can get a helm slot item from the start table or from a drop that you can equip as you run through those rooms. That way you don't leave you inventory/prayer pages.

This is an advanced method though and you shouldn't attempt it if it will slow you down at all. There are much more important things to be aware of when room running such as correct protection prayers or safespotting.

4. There are too many monsters for me to be detailed about this. Reading the third bind guide that Obt wrote could help though.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Thanks for the additional information you provided. Seems as if changing my behavior has gotten me a lot more helpful replies.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Well I have gotten my med times to ~10 min. I am done with meds and will just do larges now. Thanks to everyone.

azeem1992.png