Dunblane Cathedral HDRs

greenslime89

I like the first two; the later three feel as if they are too sharp but I think its a bit of an optical effect due to all the strong lines. Plus the later three also seem slight washed out colour wise (third one not so much but still slightly) and there does appear to be some weird purple flaring in all three.

But on the whole nice shots

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Honestly the last one is the only one that actually feels like an HDR to me. The first one and the third one especially don't have a wide enough range of values for HDR. They're severely lacking in highlights IMO.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah I dunno what's going on with the flare - the lens is prone to flare but I don't understand why there are purple tinges to the tops of arches.

Should probably have shot some shots for the HDRs in manual instead of bracketing as I did go as far out as +/-3 in all of them :S

I'd my fiddling with HDR I do find some colours can flare weirdly.

Though this has reminded me i need to drive out to Ely catherdral on a clear day at sunset for some HDRs tht will hopefully come out good and some standard shots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't help but think that all of these shots, except for the last one are a little murky. I don't know if it's just the pictures or how you're processing them but they seem to have that unpleasant murky feel.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I actually like the murky feeling particularly on the first two - beautiful church. I agree they don't look HDR though which is okay by me as I don't really like most HDR anyway.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti