#Indie

zeger6stinkt

Heh, Belle and Sebastian are on my "to listen" list for ages now. :( Heard from then when I saw High Fidelity about 1,5 year ago, but I can't get around listening to them. :P

Yeah I heard of them for ages and never remembered to listen to their album, but yeah it's worth checking out anyway :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Nirvana - The effectively made it popular

Soundgarden

I think you might have Indie confused with Grunge.

I'm not really into Indie too much, but i guess Blur and Oasis would be the top 2 indie bands i've enjoyed over time.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Yeah I heard of them for ages and never remembered to listen to their album, but yeah it's worth checking out anyway :)

Well, it finally happened. We didn't sell it at work, so I took the liberty to download (Yea, I'm a bad boy) an album. Took a random album: The Boy wit h the Arab Strap. It's quite an easy listen, I like it so far. :) Any recomandations?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well, it finally happened. We didn't sell it at work, so I took the liberty to download (Yea, I'm a bad boy) an album. Took a random album: The Boy wit h the Arab Strap. It's quite an easy listen, I like it so far. :) Any recomandations?

Get their new album 'The Life Pursuit'

sig2ho7.jpg

Nirvana - The effectively made it popular

Soundgarden

I think you might have Indie confused with Grunge.

I'm not really into Indie too much, but i guess Blur and Oasis would be the top 2 indie bands i've enjoyed over time.

Hmm, you could say Nirvana is Indie as well I guess. It's not because kutr cobain called it grunge that it's not related with any other kind of music. It's definately hard rock but then again, half of the music of the 90's was.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We got a new CD in today, so of course we wanted to check this out since the cover art was promosing.

The Dead 60's.

Really cool band, kind of 'different' than what we (me and my collegue) are used to, had that typical 'indie' sound (from what I could make of it, I'm no genre expert) with a lot of reggae influence. I guess you could consider them indie. If you haven't heard from them it's worth to check their self titled album out.

21o4pav.jpg

We got a new CD in today, so of course we wanted to check this out since the cover art was promosing.

The Dead 60's.

Really cool band, kind of 'different' than what we (me and my collegue) are used to, had that typical 'indie' sound (from what I could make of it, I'm no genre expert) with a lot of reggae influence. I guess you could consider them indie. If you haven't heard from them it's worth to check their self titled album out.

The Dead 60's are more like bands like the Clash than indie, but still a pretty cool band.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ah, right I'm not really familliar with the work of the Clash, so I didn't know that. I do know the Clash is generally thought of as a punk band, and I don't know anything of punk music, hence me probably not recognizing their 'sound'.

21o4pav.jpg

the dead 60s are ok, they used to play one of their singles on the radio a lot.

Theres a lot of indie that i like and some that I don't. I like stellastarr, nightmare of you, death cab for cutie, the cloud room, the strokes, hmm a lot of the bands I like are from nyc like coheed and cambria.

I guess some others i like would be

Modest Mouse,Hot Hot Heat,Weezer,Kaiser Chiefs,Interpol,Muse,The Arcade Fire,Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Bloc Party,Modest Mouse,Franz Ferdinand, Tegan and Sara, postal service, armor for sleep.

gr454rc.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, we got in a CD of the Danish band "Kashmir" yesterday. I think it's pretty good, I guess you can call it indie too. The album is titled "No balance palace". Apparently this is their fifth album already. I never heard of them.

http://www.kashmir.dk/

That's their website, go check it out, they're pretty good!

They even got a sogn by song description of the album:

Kalifornia.

The 1st track Kasper wrote for the album. Originally intended for inclusion on Zitilites (City Lights) in 2002. The remarkable chord changes came about in MadsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ apartment while the two of them were testing whether they could create a strong recording of an acoustic guitar in his living room. The lyrics donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t refer to California the American state. itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s an abstract hymn to restlessness and love.

Jewel Drop.

A song to the Jewel that slipped out of your hands while you were too busy concentrating on other, less important things. The album version is the second incarnation of a song which initially had a more raw feel to it. When the band entered the studio with Tony Visconti it was suggested that they revisit the arrangement and eventually a more dreamy and Cure-esque sound emerged. The question is; can you fall back in, once youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve fallen out of love?

The Cynic.

A year ago Kasper got to meet David Bowie at a Killers concert in New York and as it turned out Mr Bowie was already aware of Kashmirs music, being the owner of their two previous albums. Six months later when the band had recorded the first demo of The Cynic somebody came up with the wild idea of asking Bowie to sing from the second verse to the end of the track. His reply was brief. ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâæI would have no problem doing thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

21o4pav.jpg

The Dead 60's.

Ok... that's really freaky.

I didn't see this when you posted a few weeks ago, but just opened it just now and read it. Guess what song was playing in winamp just now - The Dead 60's - Riot Radio, which I just aquired :shock:

Heard them on the radio a few months back but forgot about them. Will have to check out their album.

Also Daan - will check out some of the stuff you posted about in the last post ^

sig2ho7.jpg