Wealth-only drops

Shadiochao

Aren't most of the aforementioned are from the Rare Drop Table, which isn't ROW exclusive, but made "more accessible" by wearing a ROW?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Aren't most of the aforementioned are from the Rare Drop Table, which isn't ROW exclusive, but made "more accessible" by wearing a ROW?

Yeah, but I thought there could be more to it than all of the items not being ROW exclusive since me and at least one other person here have gone massive amounts of kills without getting some of these things even once.

Yeah, but I thought there could be more to it than all of the items not being ROW exclusive since me and at least one other person here have gone massive amounts of kills without getting some of these things even once.

That's statistics, and that's luck.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I got another snapdragon drop from dark beasts which I slayed pretty often before. Something has to be up after going months without these and now getting them twice in a few hundred thousand xp after equipping wealth.

I'll try asking in the next Q&A possible, or the HLF if I get more interesting drops.

It pure statistics mixed with luck.

Wearing row means you get more kills that go to the rare drop table. More rare drop table drops means more odds of getting each individual drop.

If you think of it as a dice throw:

1-3 are normal drop table

4 -5 are no drop

6 is rare drops

So only 1 in 6 kills would be rare drop table, which then means getting EVERY single drop off there would take a lot of xp.

Throw row on and suddenly you have:

1-2 normal drops

4 - 6 is rare drops.

So 1 in 2 kills yields a rare drop; rare drops coming more often means you'll get more of them sooner.

The more rare drops you get the more likely it is to get each individual drop; same way buying more raffle tickets you are more likely to get the prize you want, but its still no guarantee as it also increases your chance of getting any of the other prizes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually I think it works more like this:

1-5 Normal Drop

6 Go to the rare drop table

If 6, the rare drop table dice looks like this say:

1 Unrare rare drop (5 rune javs/d med/d half)

2-3 No Drop

4-6 Rare drop

If wearing the ROW, the second dice simply changes to:

1 Unrare rare drop (5 rune javs/d med/d half)

2 No Drop

3-6 Rare Drop

meaning if you roll onto the RDT, the ROW fills in some of the blank spaces that you could roll onto.

Either way, there are no ROW specific drops.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

@Octarine The way jagex explained it in various places (like the kb and various QAs over the years plus i think a dev blog) Row gives you more chance of getting on to the rare drop table, so it does effect the first "roll" which dictates normal drop vs rare drop.

Though from drop logs etc I wouldn't rule out it having an effect on the rare drop table like you said as well. (eg with row its easier to get onto the rare table and once on there its easier to get the rarest drops)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I can't find any references to improved chances of getting onto the rare drop table, but what is stated is that the Rare Drop Table has some of its null drop rolls removed when affected by the Ring of Wealth.

rows.png

It also appears from this KB excerpt that for most monsters (besides Slayer/Bosses) the Ring of Wealth only shines when you're rolling on the RDT.

So nope, not an increased chance of getting onto the table, but improved odds once you've gotten there first.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Ah my bad on that one then, basic theory still applies though.

More rare drops = more chance of getting them all, but still no guarantee that you will get them all.

the sentence "the effect of the ring of wealth differs between the enemies you fight" intrigues me; perhaps certain drops are made more common than others on specific monsters.

Eg perhaps vecna skull (with row) is more common on nechs than it is on fire giants, or like the big herb drops are more common on things tht drop a lot of herbs anyway (eg abby specs)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It depends on how they rebuilt the Rare Drop Table after the ROW update. Say that there are 32768 slots on the Old Rare Drop Table. Maybe 1-8192 are null drops (25%), and 8193 are the other items the table usually gives (gems, key halves, dragon meds, whatever). After the update, would they have:

1. Filled null slots with new items? This would not change the chances on the old drops, but increase the chance of getting a drop, and introduce new drops to be had.

2. Replaced some of the filled slots with the new items? This would keep the chance of getting a drop the same, but decrease the chance of getting one of the older drops.

So based on how they rebuilt the table to include all the insane resource drops, the chances of getting a specific rare drop might have stayed the same or decreased.

Slightly back OT : I actually have yet to receive anything off the new RDT, sadly. When I get back to slaying I might pop on a RoW and record data. (Or not use it, since that's what this topic's about)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It depends on how they rebuilt the Rare Drop Table after the ROW update. Say that there are 32768 slots on the Old Rare Drop Table. Maybe 1-8192 are null drops (25%), and 8193 are the other items the table usually gives (gems, key halves, dragon meds, whatever). After the update, would they have:

1. Filled null slots with new items? This would not change the chances on the old drops, but increase the chance of getting a drop, and introduce new drops to be had.

2. Replaced some of the filled slots with the new items? This would keep the chance of getting a drop the same, but decrease the chance of getting one of the older drops.

So based on how they rebuilt the table to include all the insane resource drops, the chances of getting a specific rare drop might have stayed the same or decreased.

Slightly back OT : I actually have yet to receive anything off the new RDT, sadly. When I get back to slaying I might pop on a RoW and record data. (Or not use it, since that's what this topic's about)

Bit of a tangent, when I said more rare drops I meant more because of wearing ring means more chance you will get them all (and subsequently more chance you will get a specific one due to volume [eg the more you spin the wheel the more likely it is you will have gotten a 6]) vs no ring means less rare drops so less chance to get them all (and subsequently less chance of tht one specific drop [less spins means less chances a 6 will of shown up]) Or to apply to game terms: The more dragons you've killed the more likely it is you will have had a visage drop, but still no guarantee.

Plv6Dz6.jpg