Wealth-only drops

Shadiochao

Someone on another thread was sure that there are no drops you can only get with a RoW equipped, but in all my time killing monsters since the update it feels like that isn't true. I have looked at a list of RDT items, and there are some drops I have never received without a wealth equipped. I have had countless RDT items from killing tens of thousands of monsters without a RoW, so I do not think this could be simple bad luck.

These are the items I have never had without a RoW:

Noted clean ranarr

Noted clean snapdragon

1000 noted air orbs

1000 noted fire orbs

Noted adamantite bars

50/150 noted runite bars

Noted yew logs

Noted saradomin brews

Vecna skull

There are a few I didn't list that I was not sure about, but these ones are certain.

Has anyone ever researched this themselves, seen some confirmation from Jagex, or had any of those listed drops while not wearing a RoW?

I have had ranarrs and snapdragons without ROW. Never had any of the other drops though, regardless of ROW or not.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

jagex confirmed there is no row drops somewhere or other, think it was the game update faq of the row update week.

Also clan mates have had rannars, snaps, addy bars, rune bars, yew logs and brews with no row

I have had a vecna skull no ring

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh, the editors of RSWiki did list those two as uncommon, as opposed to all the others which were rare. I had never gotten snapdragon until a few days ago when I started using wealth though.

I have had noted torstol quite often without wealth, although it's usually in low amounts. It's odd that torstol and toadflax seem much rarer for me than ranarr and snapdragon, but it would also be odd for them to be RoW-only drops.

jagex confirmed there is no row drops somewhere or other, think it was the game update faq of the row update week.

Also clan mates have had rannars, snaps, addy bars, rune bars, yew logs and brews with no row

I have had a vecna skull no ring

That's really weird if it's true. There has to be more to it than just rarity. I should have at least had one of these by now.

I'll look for the FAQ, it's probably still on the internet somewhere.

Edit: It didn't seem to be in the FAQ, BTS, update post or the manual. If it really was said, it was probably in a Jmod's forum post.

Raritys a sob.

By any reasonable logic I SHOULD of had a lot of decent drops by now even from just slayer but I've only ever had 2 effigies and the most valuable drop I ever obtained was tht skull, the 2nd most valuable being a rune large.

Essentially personal experience of drops means jack in the bigger picture because its all luck or the draw, same way some ppl killed 100+ glacors with no boots where as others got like 3 pairs in 10 kills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Both of those are quite small sample sizes though. I was around 86m defence when the RoW update came out, and since then I've gained 70m+ experience almost entirely on monsters that do have access to the RDT. It's not one specific item that I'm after either, there's over nine listed that I've never had. This is probably comparable to going thousands of Nex kills without one of her unique drops.

Both of those are quite small sample sizes though. I was around 86m defence when the RoW update came out, and since then I've gained 70m+ experience almost entirely on monsters that do have access to the RDT. It's not one specific item that I'm after either, there's over nine listed that I've never had. This is probably comparable to going thousands of Nex kills without one of her unique drops.

Well, some of these drops (at least without RoW) are probably one in several thousand anyways...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Essentially personal experience of drops means jack in the bigger picture because its all luck or the draw, same way some ppl killed 100+ glacors with no boots where as others got like 3 pairs in 10 kills.

Yep its all luck luck and more luck like how some people never get that draconic visage when i had 2 in less then a week,or how i can go 5+ abby tasks with 0 whips then get 3 the next

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png

Raritys a sob.

By any reasonable logic I SHOULD of had a lot of decent drops by now even from just slayer but I've only ever had 2 effigies and the most valuable drop I ever obtained was tht skull, the 2nd most valuable being a rune large.

No offense, but your stats have remained largely stagnant for forever :/

I'm not sure like 500k slayer exp in 10 years and getting only 2 effigies actually means you have extremely bad luck.

OT, I'm also not completely convinced that all rare drop table items can be gotten w/o ROW.

Albeit that this is from personal experience, I've been getting a lot of the same drops from the rare table (I never combat w/ ROW)

The only proof that I've seen that the rare drop table is non exclusive is either hearsay (i.e my friend or my clanmate or that person over there claims ...) or comments from Jagex staff.

Neither statements weigh much in my book though

capt%20kevin.png

My stats aren't stagnent, sure I don't do masses and masses of xp compared to some people but I have gained 20mil xp since feb 2011 and gained many levels. I just have other commitments and prefer having fun to power training and generally have a life outside rs.

And of the slayer I did do they have mostly been good effigy droppers and based on drop rates I should of had a fair few more effigies.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I've had at least 50% of the drops mentioned in the OP with or without the use of a RoW.

It seems that people get confused easily. They hear the phrase "RoW Drop" in game and immediately think you have to be wearing a RoW to get them when in actual fact they're just new drops brought out with the RoW update. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you haven't had any of those drops before then it's either because of "bad luck" or you just haven't killed enough of them yet. I've probably gained close to 100m Combat exp since the update and there's still a few of those drops i've never had.

Consider it like a Draconic Visage. Many players will go 5 years without seeing one, other will get one every other month.

People calling them wealth drops did not affect my thoughts on this at all. I'm not interested in the ones you have gained with a RoW, but together we have gained over 170m xp and still haven't seen half of that list. That's hundreds of thousands of monsters without seeing several drops. You can't compare that to a visage.

My stats aren't stagnent, sure I don't do masses and masses of xp compared to some people but I have gained 20mil xp since feb 2011 and gained many levels. I just have other commitments and prefer having fun to power training and generally have a life outside rs.

And of the slayer I did do they have mostly been good effigy droppers and based on drop rates I should of had a fair few more effigies.

With only 380k exp past 75 slayer (when you actually start getting tasks w/ good effigy rates) and the inability to fight several good effigy droppers (abyssal demon, dark beast) you should not have expected more than 2. Based on my slayer log of 1.3mil slayer exp I've received 1 effigy every 92,367 exp (all logged past 85 slayer) which would mean you should have received a maximum of 4 effigies if skipping/banning all poor effigy monsters.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Abyssals aren't good effigy droppers but that aside...

I've had the rune bar drop (50) both with and without ROW. I believe none of the drops are ROW-exclusive, but some are very rare.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

With only 380k exp past 75 slayer (when you actually start getting tasks w/ good effigy rates) and the inability to fight several good effigy droppers (abyssal demon, dark beast) you should not have expected more than 2. Based on my slayer log of 1.3mil slayer exp I've received 1 effigy every 92,367 exp (all logged past 85 slayer) which would mean you should have received a maximum of 4 effigies if skipping/banning all poor effigy monsters.

What enaid said basically - abyssal demons aren't very good effigy droppers.

I have about 38 effigies banked and I'm at 4 mil slayer exp.

Considering I do sometimes use lamps/exp bonuses/skill books/do bork/etc, that means that I'm probably below 100k slayer exp per effigy.

I'm only going to assume that you don't do much slayer (20 mil exp means you should be getting some large number of lamps) + the fact that you only started to use Kuradel, 2 effigies is not an unthinkable number.

My main point is that what you claim is "knowledge" is hearsay.

You don't play enough to notice the difference and anything you say either begins with "Jagex mod said ..." or "My clan members ..."

Jagex databases say a lot of different things (void bonus/turmoil bonus/etc) and in truth, the numbers are much different.

Also, how is it that your clan members always seem to do whatever you're in a topic on? Anyhow, that's besides the point.

I don't understand why you claim things are one way or another and not even have actual proof to back it up.

I don't know exactly how the ROW/rare drop table works but at least I'm not saying everybody is wrong and then measly up some random statement about how my luck is terrible when in fact it's perfectly normal :/

capt%20kevin.png

I rarely bring up clan mates, only generally on combat matters because they do a lot of combat stuff.

Plus I did have it bookmarked where jmods confirmed no row only drops, but I seem to of deleted it or w/e cause I remember looking it up for a similar thread a while back.

Granted that's not much in the way of proof unless i find the link again, but I'm still entitled to say what I remember having read.

Also I do know how to keep my sources good; rs wiki and rskb are bs and there certain j mods you can rely on for good answers while others give wrong answers often.

And my luck with drop is terrible, perhaps effigies was a poor example but that was only half of what I pointed out. There plenty of drops out there that are worth more than a rune large that I should of/could of had in my entire time on rs, especially if you count them by their value at the time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

When the RoW update hit I was 87 slayer, now im 100k from 95. Here's stuff from my drop log:

Didn't list the specific number of the noted drops in log

With RoW (Outside kuradels dungeon)

x2 Vecna Skull

x1 Dsquare Half

x2 D spear

(33 Clean Snaps)

(1 Yew seed)

x17 Dragon Dagger (individual drops)

x29 Uncut Dragon stones

x16 Pure essence

x3 Noted Raw Shark drops

x1 Noted Raw Swords

x1 Palm Seed Drop

x1 Noted Yew Log drop

x18 Elite Clues

x3 Vine Whips

x4 SOL

Inside Kuradels

x4 Noted Torstol Drops

x3 Runite Ore Drops

x6 Noted Yew Logs

x1 Dmed

x4 Magic Seed Drops

x4 Uncut Dragon stones

x8 Dragon Daggers

x2 Pure Essence drops

x7 Dark bow

x11 Whip

x4 D Legs

x3 D Skirt

~Didn't List:

Half keys

Fellstalk Seeds

Ferocious rings

Effigies (quick check shows 30 - 40 gained)

Hard Clues

There's some tasks that the RoW message goes off on nearly every kill for useless stuff (Jadinko's for the HH seeds) so I don't think theres an exclusive RoW only table. I haven't yet got a vecna's without a RoW but heard from plenty of people that they did, can't confirm though :(

Winarr.png

I have an urge to point out that no where in the OP was the reliability of Sy Accursed on slayer drop frequencies or H&A in general mentioned.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.