Rate this laptop please

Jadinko

What's it going to be used for?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Good laptop. Nice specs, decent price. You should only get it if you're planning on it being used heavily/intensively (programming, 3D modeling, gaming, etc.) otherwise a lower power, lower price laptop might be better.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Im going to be using it for higher end games and hopefully be able to start recording some bits and bops for video making. My dad is pretty much just using it for emails, Word, and general dad stuff.

Miseryism | Completionist

Review

Check out the outlet if you're set on a Dell, otherwise what country are you in?

2d26mw.gif

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Review

Check out the outlet if you're set on a Dell, otherwise what country are you in?

So, from my POV it looks quite good.

Points that stick out are naff build quality and it get's quite hot.

Like I said before, check out the outlet as some on there can be had for 40% less.

Edit, just checked and there's nothing there right now. Usually updated at around 3pm each day IIRC.

2d26mw.gif

Would've been a very good laptop, but it's a Dell.

??? please explain

For the last few years Dell has been using cheap parts for their computers (read: bad quality). They tend to have high failure rates and to heat quite a bit.

Seems like a rip off for a £1k laptop. I'm not up on UK pricing though, mind posting some other UK retailers?

Cant think of any small time dealers, all i really know pc world, comet, currys, mesh etc.

Miseryism | Completionist

Seems like a rip off for a £1k laptop. I'm not up on UK pricing though, mind posting some other UK retailers?

Cant think of any small time dealers, all i really know pc world, comet, currys, mesh etc.

After looking at the pricing on those sites, the Dell actually looks like a decent deal. The best non-dell I could find was from mesh. It's £100 cheaper, but has a weaker processor and a weaker graphics chip. It is an ASUS though, and they tend to be pretty good quality.

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTCONFIGPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=989961

• 3 weeks later...

I can't speak to construction quality, but those are all very nice components for the price - nice processor, 6gb ram, 555m with 3gb vram. The only thing that sticks out to me as not good is the less-than-1080p display. Looks like you can get a 1080p display for 90 extra, though, which I would totally recommend. Overall a good choice for what you said you want to do, just realize that it is gonna generate heat and it is not going to be lightweight.

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

Yeah, the laptop is good for its price, though the fact that it is made by Dell is something that would make the think again about buying it. since I am sure you want to know examples of why I don't like Dell: Can only use Dell's drivers for the hardware (non-standard installation leads to manufacturer drivers overwriting other components), official drivers will only be updated if the issue leaves the computer unusable, the Bios has silly mistakes all the time including when they try fixing other issues(had experience with bad Bios software on 3 different models: one was unable to exit Hibernate mode, one corrupted its own MBR [master boot record] every time it was started requiring it to be repaired every 4-5 times, and one that Bricked the laptop), Not all their driver software is free to replace (for example you can only reinstall the webcam software 3 times before they start making you pay), The Driver disks do not always have drivers for all the system components, etc.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source