Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the price of chins...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Yak_Canoe
[ Display Name History ]

Yak_Canoe

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Oset
Hunt them yourself, you poop.

Posted Image

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS

you poop.

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan
me too.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

quitthegame
[ Display Name History ]

quitthegame

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 300 posts

Ya know, this is a “lose-lose" kind of debate from the get-go. OP wants Jagex to “fix” prices on a product in order that he can train faster for cheaper. It’s going to immediately start an argument.

Suggesting that OP “Do It Yourself” is pointless. If he was inspired to D.I.Y., then he would have done so in the first place, and not bothered wasting time with his ridiculous original rant.

Suggesting that he’s more interested in efficient game-play is likewise pointless – if all he wanted to do was train efficiently, he wouldn’t be [bleep]ing about the cost.

As such, anyone offering him advice – for any reason whatsoever -- is, for the most part, wasting their time.

Of course, this is why this thread is in “rants” and not in “Help & Advice”.

:facepalm:

This comment is incorrect for two reasons. First, it commits the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses; in this case a false dilemma is presented. Everyone responding to the OP is free to take positions that do not fall into either the DIY camp or the efficiency camp. Second, it ignores the practical fact that actual advice offered to the actual OP was in fact found useful. When one's theoretical argument offers one a conclusion contrafactual to the actual observed data, it is time to reexamine one's assumptions.

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
you probably wanted bots to be gone
this is partly your fault
if you wanted bots to be gone then you have no right to complain about new prices

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

That "heavy profit" isn't high enough to justify doing it. When it can compete with glacors and similar, you will have a point. Let the people who don't care about being completely inefficient hunt for chins, make cballs, etc. You alone aren't going to cause enough of an impact in the market, so let others who think hunting them is fun or falsely think they are efficient to do hunt them.
I don't get why you are convinced he will turn a profit by wasting his time with a subpar way of getting chins. Time has value so even though he will be "profiting," it won't be worth the extra time.

It's a simple case of if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Runescape has an economy based on supply and demand, and rather than come up with an actual solution, the OP just wants Jagex to regulate the market price down to a point he considers fair. Do you honestly think Chin sellers won't just trade outside of the Grand Exchange if Jagex were to implement such an update?

In reality "supply and demand" economics because the average person isn't hitted directly by it. - There's lot of sellers & buyers inbetween before the customer gets an item - and those normalize the prices preventing big fluctuations..

RS has since the GE gained a terrible economy, without inbetween sellers there's no smooth price flow & only short selling is encouraged. This is terrible & I've taken a stance to not do anything with it.

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Rascandrius
[ Display Name History ]

Rascandrius

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts

Why do people think its bad skillers can profit?

You would like it if you were the hunter. Judging by your stats you seem that you focus a lot of your time on combat. Maybe try skilling. Its nice boss killing, dicing and item flipping aren't the only ways to make a decent profit anymore. Also for the insane exp per hour of chin I think its okay to come at a costly price.

Personally, I hate how being inefficient is being encouraged now. But whatever, I'll keep it clam and avoid a ban.

By your logic Hedge, we should demand that Jagex removes 85% of the game and introduce teleport to Smoke Well in Pollniiveach so people can insta teleport and go camp for effigies... just because some retarded kid with tons of spare time and money to buy money from goldselling sites, doesn't mean we should follow his example and become efficient to the extreme...... I play this game for enjoyment, and by enjoyment I mean quest, slowly grinding stats etc....
Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

You would like it if you were the hunter. Judging by your stats you seem that you focus a lot of your time on combat. Maybe try skilling. Its nice boss killing, dicing and item flipping aren't the only ways to make a decent profit anymore. Also for the insane exp per hour of chin I think its okay to come at a costly price.

Personally, I hate how being inefficient is being encouraged now. But whatever, I'll keep it clam and avoid a ban.

By your logic Hedge, we should demand that Jagex removes 85% of the game and introduce teleport to Smoke Well in Pollniiveach so people can insta teleport and go camp for effigies... just because some retarded kid with tons of spare time and money to buy money from goldselling sites, doesn't mean we should follow his example and become efficient to the extreme...... I play this game for enjoyment, and by enjoyment I mean quest, slowly grinding stats etc....

Actually, you didn't follow his logic at all.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
I've never seen anyone encourage inefficiency. I've seen many people say to do it however you enjoy, which is different. I've also seen people say the efficiency freaks are ridiculous. And they are, kind of.

But yeah, nobody encourages inefficiency. Nobody says "hurf durf go play FOG instead of bursting lobs or skeletons, it's better", they say "if you want to have fun instead of grind and get there faster, do FOG".
PM me for fitocracy invite

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
I've seen it here multiple times.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

I've never seen anyone encourage inefficiency. I've seen many people say to do it however you enjoy, which is different. I've also seen people say the efficiency freaks are ridiculous. And they are, kind of.

But yeah, nobody encourages inefficiency. Nobody says "hurf durf go play FOG instead of bursting lobs or skeletons, it's better", they say "if you want to have fun instead of grind and get there faster, do FOG".

0/10

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
This is just turning into a rehash [bleep]-fest of Efficient vs Inefficient all over again.

Popoto.~<3

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

0/10

I'm not trolling :rolleyes:

I've never seen anyone encourage inefficiency, only say to do it the way you enjoy. They are not the same.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

I've never seen anyone encourage inefficiency, only say to do it the way you enjoy. They are not the same.

Did you even read the thread?

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts

Yes, read it before I posted and then again, more carefully just now.

Nowhere does anyone encourage inefficiency beyond advocating enjoyment rather than total efficiency.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Yes, read it before I posted and then again, more carefully just now.

Nowhere does anyone encourage inefficiency beyond advocating enjoyment rather than total efficiency.

Shouldn't be worth that much? I bet those selling them wouldn't agree :wink:
As soon as the price goes up on something I normally hunt/gather/harvest that product to make a profit. Thats part of the game, and when everyone has done that the price usually starts to fall again.

I really don't understand why you don't go and hunt them yourself, especially as you don't need that many of them. Why are you in such a hurry? In the time you've been waiting and ranting about buying them you could have got your own.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
Neither of those posts encourage inefficiency. They offer alternatives that may be less efficient. That is not the same as encouraging it.

And it was 1. dumb and 2. a rant in the first place. Not someone looking for maximum efficiency.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
When you suggest inefficient methods you encourage it.

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
3 ways to get your point across to someone
1. Reason it out with them in a calm, civilized discussion
2. Yell at them until they give up
3. Beat them until they give up

Offering something as a possible option does not necessarily mean you encourage it.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
You should try crystal meth

This is ok because I am not encouraging it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users