Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the price of chins...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Mh1456
[ Display Name History ]

Mh1456

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mari0
anyone get the meme reference?.... no? anyways.. red chins arent buyable on ge and people are selling for 2k each... I realize prices go up when theres no bots but this is MENTALLYCHALLENGED. Jagex should do something to control insane price fluctuations... Like im fine with 1k each, thats plenty for the hunters to make their money but 2k each is stupid and ridiculous.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
People are willing to actually pay that much, which is why the price is where it is now. It's not Jagex's fault - the market wants red chins, and due to the shortage post-nuke, people are willing the spend that much right now to get them.

You might want to hunt a few now, take advantage of the situation.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

JeRambo
[ Display Name History ]

JeRambo

Cherremy

• Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Clan:Wicked Fury
Yeah, hunt 'em yourself.

It's just a hype I hope ..everyone trying to buy them as they rise.

Can't have both sadly..No bots + cheap prices. :P
Posted Image
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."
"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

HexiledRazz
[ Display Name History ]

HexiledRazz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Hexiled Razz
  • RSN2:Pure of War
  • Clan:EoE
Considering that 90% of the chins brought into the game were most likely botted, this isn't surprising. I'd advise either using grays, or just hunt them yourself/bite the bullet.

Honestly, at 2k each i would hunt them myself. But i'm pretty sure everyone else has the same idea. And i hate competing for hunting spots <_<
Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

Supply and demand

This rant, rather than the prices themselves, is "mentally challenged"

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Mh1456
[ Display Name History ]

Mh1456

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts

Supply and demand

I'm aware of supply and demand, thank-you. No need for name calling there, grumpy. I assumed typing "retarded" wasn't allowed...

Mh1456
[ Display Name History ]

Mh1456

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts

Considering that 90% of the chins brought into the game were most likely botted, this isn't surprising. I'd advise either using grays, or just hunt them yourself/bite the bullet.

Honestly, at 2k each i would hunt them myself. But i'm pretty sure everyone else has the same idea. And i hate competing for hunting spots <_<

Greys are also unbuyable as I've just found out, even if you up the GE offer to 1000 each... lame. The frustrating thing is I only need 4k red or 5k greys and theyre unbuyable on the ge and on the forums they get bought really quickly too. I just scolded myself a little because I should have bought all the chins I needed when they were 400 each..

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Supply and demand

I'm aware of supply and demand, thank-you. No need for name calling there, grumpy. I assumed typing "retarded" wasn't allowed...

There was no name calling, re-read my post.
As for your continued issue with the price, it seems you do not understand the role of supply and demand in pricing. Unless of course you want restricted trade back, there is little Jagex can do to "control prices", because the demand for chins is always going to outstrip the supply in this post-bot environment. It should also be noted that there are very, very, very few items that are "unbuyable" in the ge. You just arent offering enough.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

quitthegame
[ Display Name History ]

quitthegame

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 300 posts
"The bottom line is, the economic state of emergency is the way to go."

But another meme is appropriate here--You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Unbuyable on the GE is a term that comes from when there were strict upper and lower limits on the prices on the GE. It no longer applies.

Grey chins currently insta-buy at 1424 each. Red chins currently insta buy at 1750. That means they are buyable. Everything is buyable, except for items that are above the 2.1B max gold stack, or items that are so rarely used that no one is listing them at the moment. Chins obviously don't fall under either of the above categories. You just weren't willing to even test buy 1 at a high price to find out the price, for some highly odd reason.

That issue aside, high prices benefit chin hunters and discourage chin ranging. If you're not hunting chins at least a few times a week, how could you say that prices are too high? They're not even high enough to get you hunting chins! Doesn't make sense, sir.

Mh1456
[ Display Name History ]

Mh1456

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts

But another meme is appropriate here--You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Unbuyable on the GE is a term that comes from when there were strict upper and lower limits on the prices on the GE. It no longer applies.

Grey chins currently insta-buy at 1424 each. Red chins currently insta buy at 1750. That means they are buyable. Everything is buyable, except for items that are above the 2.1B max gold stack, or items that are so rarely used that no one is listing them at the moment. Chins obviously don't fall under either of the above categories. You just weren't willing to even test buy 1 at a high price to find out the price, for some highly odd reason.

That issue aside, high prices benefit chin hunters and discourage chin ranging. If you're not hunting chins at least a few times a week, how could you say that prices are too high? They're not even high enough to get you hunting chins! Doesn't make sense, sir.

A grey chin shouldn't be worth that much, although i understand why... They were just 250 gp a month ago >.< The reason i was chinning was specifically so it would be faster, and catching them myself kind of defeats that purpose. so i guess i will just have to pay more.. :(

also, about the word "meme". I don't actually know what the real meaning is if there is one, but what I mean by "meme" is the little comictype things on a website called Memebase, unless you meant something else or i'm very confused.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
Market forces dictate prices. I guess you could always blame the consumers - they're the ones willing to pay the high prices.

quitthegame
[ Display Name History ]

quitthegame

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 300 posts
wish I'd bought chins when they were cheaper too. I'll probably hunt them myself, I need the hunt xp anyway.

"meme
   [meem]
noun
1. a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes. "

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

A grey chin shouldn't be worth that much, although i understand why... They were just 250 gp a month ago >.< The reason i was chinning was specifically so it would be faster, and catching them myself kind of defeats that purpose. so i guess i will just have to pay more..

And the effects of bots was still holding prices low.

No bots hunting.
Far less supply.
Stable demand.

They are worth what the market says they are worth.

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
But now you can make insane money via other methods, so it balances out :3

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
They will keep rising till they hit an equilibrium that players are no longer willing to pay for them and the price will stabilize just below that. Dont like it then dont train with red chins

Leaf
[ Display Name History ]

Leaf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • RSN:Leaaf
I don't use chins anymore, but I feel this in Cannonball prices for slayer... :(

And Steel titan pouch/scroll prices shot through the roof, even though I don't think they were made by bots...?

Posted Image

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

I don't use chins anymore, but I feel this in Cannonball prices for slayer... :(

And Steel titan pouch/scroll prices shot through the roof, even though I don't think they were made by bots...?

They don't have to be - big updates like these have indirect effects on all items. How do you make a steel titan pouch?

LogzPl0x
[ Display Name History ]

LogzPl0x

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RSN:Logz Pl0x
  • Clan:Legendary Grounds
Well, if it makes you anybetter, you just told me how I will be making money for the next while :)

homer205
[ Display Name History ]

homer205

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Homer205
  • RSN2:Balthamel
  • Clan:Hyt, Swift Legions

A grey chin shouldn't be worth that much, although i understand why... They were just 250 gp a month ago >.< The reason i was chinning was specifically so it would be faster, and catching them myself kind of defeats that purpose. so i guess i will just have to pay more..

And the effects of bots was still holding prices low.

No bots hunting.
Far less supply.
Stable demand.

They are worth what the market says they are worth.

I'd think there was an increase in demand due to inflationary expectations.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

A grey chin shouldn't be worth that much, although i understand why... They were just 250 gp a month ago >.< The reason i was chinning was specifically so it would be faster, and catching them myself kind of defeats that purpose. so i guess i will just have to pay more.. :(

also, about the word "meme". I don't actually know what the real meaning is if there is one, but what I mean by "meme" is the little comictype things on a website called Memebase, unless you meant something else or i'm very confused.

Items are worth what they are worth. The only way Jagex can make a fixed price on an item is a shop that sells an infinite (or at least a greater supply of the item then players buying them) amount of that item at a fixed rate. Basically, shards, certain construction items, and skilling tools such as hammers, crafting molds, fishing gear are the only items that meet this description.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users