Internet Problems

The_Fray

My internet keeps disconnecting 10-15 minutes or so which has gotten increasingly aggravating as I have been dced out of tears of guthix, SC and troll invasion. All of a sudden the internet just dies so I just disconnect from the wireless connection and reconnect which ends up fixing it again, and then it happens again every 15 minutes or so. During this time I cannot load a single web page, it usually ends up fixing itself automatically after 10 seconds. I have tried running spy-bot and scanned my computer for spyware but nothing seems to fix it. This started happening yesterday, I dont want to contact support as it takes a bloody long time for them to answer.

Thanks

I don't think a virus is a cause of this disconnection. Have you checked if the wireless adapter is loose?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I don't think a virus is a cause of this disconnection. Have you checked if the wireless adapter is loose?

The problem is though that a soon as I manually disconnect and connect again, it starts to work again. So I doubt its an adapter problem.

It sounds like your router needs to be reset and is possibly overheating.

Even some of the newest routers can get a bit on the hot side, especially in summer and/or with poor airflow resulting in erratic behaviour.

I'd make sure router has a good air flow and see if it feels warm, if it does shut it off til it cools down and it will usually solve many issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yup the same problem on multiple laptops, going to go and yell at the Internet company in a little bit. My mom told me they recently were in the area (they are always [bleep]ing up) and that can never be good.

Yup the same problem on multiple laptops, going to go and yell at the Internet company in a little bit. My mom told me they recently were in the area (they are always [bleep]ing up) and that can never be good.

I work for an ISP, and I can tell you them just being in the area 95% of the time they are doing something for an individual customer, and they wouldn't be affecting you unless you call in. It is possible it is your internet connection, but it takes hardly anytime at all to bypass your router and try that, you should do as much as you should before blaming the company when it could just be your router.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg