Changing XP language

J35u5_M4

My version of XP is on spanish and I'd like to change it to english, so far I only managed to do so with the keyboard, but I can't seem to find the option to change the whole system language, and I'm starting to think my version can't do it :/

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

The way windows XP installs is you pick a language during installation.

The only possible way to swap is to re-install from the disc and picking the desired language.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What Sy just said is not correct. :notalk:

If you look in your "Help and Support" area, J.M., you'll find that you should be able to change it in the "Regional and Language Options" Control Panel. However, you must have the "Windows Multilingual User Interface Pack" for your OS to be able to make that action. :geek:

~Mr. D. V. "It's possible, if you have the prerequisites..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Do you have any idea where can I get the pack?

Directly from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22108

It is also supposed to be available through Windows Update.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Also for more security and updates, I would suggest installing the SP3 for Windows XP.

To be honest, I'd urge anyone still on XP to move to 7 ASAP. I mean, seriously? A 10 year old OS who's last update was 3 years ago? That just screams insecurity and outdatedness..

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Also for more security and updates, I would suggest installing the SP3 for Windows XP.

To be honest, I'd urge anyone still on XP to move to 7 ASAP. I mean, seriously? A 10 year old OS who's last update was 3 years ago? That just screams insecurity and outdatedness..

Yeah at the very least you should really move to Vista as it is still updated; but in an ideal world & would be better. Though 8 is coming soon(ish) now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If that were true, it would scream insecurity and outdatedness. But its not true, and it doesnt. Windows XP still gets regular security updates and will for more than two years into the future.

The end of extended support date for XP SP3 is in April, 2014.

ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/lifecycle

PvP is not for me

If that were true, it would scream insecurity and outdatedness. But its not true, and it doesnt. Windows XP still gets regular security updates and will for more than two years into the future.

If you actually read the table

Main stream support ended in 09

It's extended support that runs til 14

And in the questions underneath (whats the difference)

"Please note: Extended support is only available for commercial customers."

So unless you happen to be a school or a business or some other kind of institute that is commercial customer, opposed to a personal customer, support has ended.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So unless you happen to be a school or a business or some other kind of institute that is commercial customer, opposed to a personal customer, support has ended.

I have XP SP3 and I get securtity updates on Patch Tuesdays along with the rest of the XP SP3 users. I am a private individual, not a business.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

PvP is not for me

If that were true, it would scream insecurity and outdatedness. But it’s not true, and it doesn’t. Windows XP still gets regular security updates and will for more than two years into the future.

I have XP SP3 and I get securtity updates on Patch Tuesdays along with the rest of the XP SP3 users. I am a private individual, not a business.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

All I was doing was citing the source you provided, which does categorically say support ended in 09, other than for commercial users who have extended support.

Why provide a source as proof if it contradicts what you are arguing? The only "misinformation" is either:

1) That microsoft link (which you provided) which may be wrong.

2) You some how have a commercial copy and thus get support the majority don't get.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have SP2, not SP3 ;/

Also I'd upgrade to W7, but I only have 2GB of RAM and I've been told that to do good gaming with W7, I should get at least 4GB (Currently thinking on purchasing another 2GB RAM)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I have SP2, not SP3 ;/

Also I'd upgrade to W7, but I only have 2GB of RAM and I've been told that to do good gaming with W7, I should get at least 4GB (Currently thinking on purchasing another 2GB RAM)

You can get the SP3 upgrade directly from Microsoft as well: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24&fb_source=message

And to be honest, 4 GB of memory will do wonders for your XP machine.

PvP is not for me