Is it possible to subvert activity reporting and similar programs?

TTanT

Basically, the question I need help with is this:

Is it possible to go udner the radar and avoid Windows activity reporting and similar features?

If so, could you point me in the right direction?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

You could uninstall programs that have been installed for monitoring. To really help you, we'd need to know exactly what's been set up.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yes, there are many different ways to bypass Activity reporting and the other parental control options on Windows, though almost all of them involve accessing an Administrator account and would be extremely obvioius to the person in control of the parental controls if they pay any attention at all. Trying to bypass the programs is definately not the right thing to do, as chances are it will end up getting your friend even more restrictions. If your friend has a valid reason to not have their activity monitored, they should just ask their parents to reduce the level of parental controls, and if they don't have a valid reason then they just have to deal with it and show their parents that they are responsible enough to have reduced parental controls.

TL;DR: Having restricted access is better than no access, they should talk to their parents.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

A live CD version of Ubuntu would work pretty darn well.

Besides the entire, being blatantly obvious someone is bypassing the activity monitoring. It doesn't take a computer scientist to notice the discrepency between the Activity log saying you were never on the computer, and the fact that you were obviously on the computer doing stuff.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

A live CD version of Ubuntu would work pretty darn well.

Besides the entire, being blatantly obvious someone is bypassing the activity monitoring. It doesn't take a computer scientist to notice the discrepency between the Activity log saying you were never on the computer, and the fact that you were obviously on the computer doing stuff.

Then install virtualization software and run Ubuntu within Windows. Unless it logs what you install, I suppose. Perhaps I'm just not too familiar with the program the OP is talking about.