Looking for a good gaming laptop.

Orpheus

First and foremost, my old desktop died, and I'm going to be studying abroad, so a laptop is going to be the best solution for a while. I've got a maximum budget of about $800 at the moment, although I can afford to spend a bit more in a few weeks. The most I'm looking to do is run Skyrim and Battlefield 3 on good settings, preferably higher settings with Skyrim. This laptop would be a good starting point, and I can go from there.

Note: I have to pay a 9.5% sales tax with Newegg because one of it's warehouses is in my state, setting my actual budget to something like $750, with some flexibility. I'm just setting this as a rough point to start.

My old machine's specs (almost anything is an upgrade in other words):

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

CPU: Intel C2D @2.4Ghz

RAM: 2GB

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

That laptop shouldn't have too much trouble playing these games at mid-high settings. Also is quite a good price for the specs. I'd definitely get the laptop you have posted.

Have you tried looking on the dell website because they currently have deals on their laptops and I think there is a dell coupon code hovering around the internet, but I am from the UK so it could be country specific.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Have you tried looking on the dell website because they currently have deals on their laptops and I think there is a dell coupon code hovering around the internet, but I am from the UK so it could be country specific.

I strongly suggest not to go for a Dell, since a few years ago, they tend to break quite a lot and easily. I have quite a few examples of situations.

Yeah don't get a dell, that computer you linked to looked like a pretty good build. I didn't realize you could find anything without integrated graphics for that price range.

Low_C.png

I strongly suggest not to go for a Dell, since a few years ago, they tend to break quite a lot and easily. I have quite a few examples of situations.

I have to disagree with you there. I've been running a Dell Latitude D620 for about 5 years now. It runs basically 24/7, including in my truck at work, and I've never had a problem with it.

OT - the laptop you posted would fit your needs nicely and is an excellent bargain for the price. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I have to disagree with you there. I've been running a Dell Latitude D620 for about 5 years now. It runs basically 24/7, including in my truck at work, and I've never had a problem with it.

OT - the laptop you posted would fit your needs nicely and is an excellent bargain for the price. :thumbup:

5 years ago is still in Dell's good years. Too old which means that you have one of the good Dells. Compare these old dells to today's dells, and today's dells will have problems, while the old ones won't.