70-80 Stats

Singh

Hey guys,

So that I finally got 137 combat, I'm wanting to start skilling again (aka getting my total up and also 80+ all stats). For now, I need help getting started on:

-Mining (where to mine and what method)

-Smithing(what to make)

-Farming(I guess I'll just do tree and herbs)

-Thieving(pyramid plunder still good xp?)

and

-Agility (where to train?)

If you could answer any of all of them, thank you.

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

I can tell you what I did, which might give you some ideas. Note that I do what I like though, and not always what is the cheapest or most efficient.

Mining: I've never been into power mining. I think most of my mining levels from the low 60's through the mid 70's were from the shooting stars D&D, and that took quite a while. When the lava flow mines came out, I went there and got my mining to whatever it is now (I think 81) starting at 75 or 77 is memory serves. Not the best mining xp you can get, but I just wanted the mining armour, and the ability to trim to pickaxe. If you want fast xp, I hear power mining granite is pretty fast, though I can't say I have ever bothered with it myself.

Smithing: I probably did most of this at the dwarven smithing place in Falador. I'm not sure where it stands on the cost/xp ratio, but the xp is pretty good if your good at ceremonial sword crafting. Making canons isn't too terrible either, but you can do better at your level. Before that I used to make mithril platebodies at the blast furnace (because it got through the smithing part faster) and just high alched them so I didn't have to bank. Not to shabby either on the xp front I found, but it was definatly the mini game like place in Falador that allowed me to finish it. Mostly because it got past the smelting (which I hate), and strait to the smithing.

Farming: Still a work in progress for me (71 atm). Once I stop being lazy about it, planning on doing a run of maples per day. I think it worked out to just under 2 months.

Theiveing: I am a huge fan of the sorceress garden. After a hundred runs or so, you get pretty good too (I can get past every sentinal in the summer garden at two different points in their route to minimize downtime), especially if you take some time to experiment and see just what you can do without getting caught. I hear pyrimid plunder is better xp, but I've never enjoyed that. I finished off the journey to 80 right after the bot nuke when the garden was empty of bots that can distract you, or cause you some latency (I find people in an area reduces your frame rate, and can make the game ever so slightly slower to respond if your computer is under to much strain)

Agility: I started at ape atoll around level 71, drinking agility potions to get me to the no fail level (which is 73 or 74). I find you can let it drop at least one level without failing too much. You could also use summer pie for a larger boost so that you don't need to boost up as often. I also made good use of the Barbarian Assault horn, to double my xp rate, though in all honestly I really hate that game and I can't always tell if the frustration of charging is worth the time saved on the course.

If you want fast xp, I hear power mining granite is pretty fast, though I can't say I have ever bothered with it myself.

Since I am going to be doing mining first, Do I need to have a invo full of waterskins into to mine there?

EDIT: I dont have the enchanted water tiara, nor am I close to getting it, dumb quest

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Mining: I'm actually doing this right now, through a combination of Lava Flow Mines (afk-able) and power-mining granite with decorated mining urns (fastest exp at that level I believe)

Smithing: I have no idea, actually. You could try what Randox said.

Farming: Doing tree runs (both non-fruit and fruit) as well as herb runs.

Thieving: Pyramid Plunder is very fast exp.

Agility: Doing the Ape Atoll Course- You stop failing at 75 iirc, maybe bring summer pies. Also do the circus every week for 10kish free exp.

If you want fast xp, I hear power mining granite is pretty fast, though I can't say I have ever bothered with it myself.

Since I am going to be doing mining first, Do I need to have a invo full of waterskins into to mine there?

EDIT: I dont have the enchanted water tiara, nor am I close to getting it, dumb quest

Humidify is better anyway.

Humidify is better anyway.

and What if I dont have lunars?? hehe

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

For mining and smithing I'd recommend LRC superheating

Farming do the best tree runs you can afford, although look into fruit trees as well as maples.

Thieving do pyramid plunder or monkey knife fighters if you've done Do No Evil.

Agility the best way is Wilderness course until you never fail Ape Atoll, which is 75 without any kind of boost, earlier with Summer Pies.

The new minigame might be faster for agility but that just got nerfed so I'm not sure of xp rates.

Asmodean <3

For mining and smithing I'd recommend LRC superheating

Farming do the best tree runs you can afford, although look into fruit trees as well as maples.

Thieving do pyramid plunder or monkey knife fighters if you've done Do No Evil.

Agility the best way is Wilderness course until you never fail Ape Atoll, which is 75 without any kind of boost, earlier with Summer Pies.

The new minigame might be faster for agility but that just got nerfed so I'm not sure of xp rates.

Agree with all of this except lrc Superheat. It's not a way to get to 80 mining as you need 80 mining to do it ;)

Hardingen.gif