Feds Shut Down Megaupload.com

Orpheus

I haven't read this whole thread, but I have been dipping in and out of it since it started.

Essentially what I don't understand is why there is any 'sitting on the fence' or advocating for piracy? Copyright piracy is illegal, plain and simple. If sites like Megaupload only had home made videos available for download, or others with no copyright issues...then fine, knock yourself out and download/upload what you want. But that isn't the case, they conduct activities that are illegal in most if not all of the world. And don't start giving righteous justifications, this is hardly a life and death choice here. I do not want to have a criminal record or be prosecuted in civil or criminal court, so I don't break the law, end of story :shame:

If when you say "righteous justifications" you're referring to my posts, considering MU didn't take down the uploads as requested, I think it's fair that they're being prosecuted. I don't think it's fair so many people lost their data, but that's not what I arguing at any point. All I'm saying is piracy is a scapegoat for the RIAA (and maybe the MPAA) to attack the net and thus render their decaying business model valid once again, and that if it pleases me and if I feel it's not unjust to do so (considering I wouldn't have bought the product hadn't I pirated it, and considering I might buy the product after I pirate it), I will break the shit out of the law. You're absolutely right to say that there is no justification other than self-gratification, but considering it has no negative effects and may have positive ones (bought an album I've had for months today as a matter of fact), that's more than enough to me.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic