Crossroads

archimage_a

Basically it's a talent that everyone in the group gets. We'd each pay a set fee (like a regular talent), but they are usually better than a regular talent because it allows for more diversity than your class alone.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exp. They apply to each one of us, just by the fact that we are a team. I assume they still work when we are separated too.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

They tend to have a requirement, for instance if you were the Wolf Hunter Cell then you would need someone to have a wolf, and appropriately trained to hunt with it, and if you lose the wolf then you can't buy more from that list.

Everyone in the group must have the same directive. For more details Daemon Hunter, page 62.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Crossroads is today?

Hi all,

During the voyage Mask befriends the cook, who offers you, and your comrades, a meal specially cooked for them. If anyone doesn't want to eat the meal then they don't need to turn up to the session.

Each person who takes part in the meal will roll once on each of the following two tables, taking a bonus and a penalty.

You can choose to take a double penalty and choose your bonus, or lose your bonus and choose your penalty.

If the penalty doesn't apply to you then you should reroll.

Bonus Table:

Reinvigoration:

1-15: +5 to each characteristic

Nourish the Soul:

16-35: You heal 2 wounds/non-permenent characteristic damage each time you kill someone/something (Doesn't apply to insects, apples and other fruit/vegtable =P), this cannot take you life over your max wounds.

The Secret Ingredient:

36-60: You gain the ability to spit venom, doing 1d10+5 R damage. It is a full action. You may also roll again (on both tables).

Iron Stomach:

61-85: Double your total number of wounds

Hits the Spot

86-95: Gain a +30 bonus when making Aiming actions, or +60 for full round aiming actions.

Master Chef

96-00: Gain Unnatural Intelligence (x3), or x4 if phrased as part of a recipe.

Penalty Table:

Spices from the East

1-20: You take 1d6 wound if you spend any part of an hour in sunlight. The next hour you take another 1d6 wounds, and so on. You may choose to take clock time or relative time (Aka 19:59 and 20:00 both give you 1 wound, or 19:59 and 20:59)

Forbidden Meats

21-38: You gain the need to eat only red meat, further if you do not eat at least 20 pounds of meat you lose 1 Weapon Skill permenantly, and take a -20 penalty until you eat fresh meat.

Eye of Newt

39-65: Your Psi/Wizard Score is reduced by 50%

Roc Eggs

66-76: You may only stay on land from one sunrise to another (or one sunset to another). If you stay on land for longer than that you take 1d10 intelligence damage per 5 minutes after that (heals after 1 day) (Jumping, standing in a bowl of water and the like doesn't count)

Mystery Meat

77-90: Roll three times on the major mutation table

Round Worm

91-00: Healing magic/powers no longer affect you, and you heal at half the normal rate.

54 and 27.

I'll double Forbidden Meats and take Master Chef as the bonus.

How many pounds of meat do I have left from my visit to the butcher? Also would it be possible for me to just find a cow or something and use seal wounds to regenerate its flesh as I carve chunks from it?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Are these permanent bonuses/penalties?

If they are, then I'm getting off way easy, seeing as mine's seeming one time only, or once a day in the worst case.

Not that I'm not getting of easy anyways, seeing as being a Biomancer should mean I can control my metabolism so as not to suffer like most people would from eating about a fourth or fifth of their own weight.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

It seems like a deck of many things. I'm considering just choosing a penalty, because if I rolled the loss in psy rating, I'd probably have to retire the character. None of the bonuses even come close to matching that penalty, since I'm a psyker and not a wizard ( so unnatural characteristic would not help with psyker-ness)

Unless I could repurchase the first four psyker levels instead of the last four, I don't think that would be very cost feasible. :)

How many pounds of meat do I have left from my visit to the butcher? Also would it be possible for me to just find a cow or something and use seal wounds to regenerate its flesh as I carve chunks from it?

I would assume they have rotted over the last five-seven days.

You could carve the flesh off and regenerate the cow, but the cow would still lose mass...just not die.

They are permenant, but there is a 'get out' planned in the future.

Mather, it would be a daily check, and I meant double as in 2 penalties, rolled seperately. =P

so this session is only about eating food? Also, I'm considering dropping out. by now I've forgotten most of what we were doing and I on't know whats new, and I think everything is fine without me..

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Those are freebies, which I told you about when we were going over for the conversion over to being a Psyker instead of a wizard. :)

I'm looking at the rulebook and I noticed something. The Psy Rating abilities' descriptions say they give you psychic powers. Is this supposed to be your maximum that you can buy, or do I have a lot of freebies to claim?

Freebies

I think you need to reroll the double vile deformity (since you can't gain disturbing twice)

Looks like I'll have to invent the Sunglasses. (Good thing I've already bought crafting equipment.)

Any chance I could use Shape Flesh to remove Vile Deformity in-game? Because if I can manage to craft some sunglasses, I could live with this becoming a permanent thing, though Vile Deformity could become an inconvenience depending on how heavy the roleplaying is.

Also I've gotten Enchanced Senses, Regenerate and Toxic Siphon as freebie Majors, though I have no idea what to choose as Minors, so Jen, Mask, if you could tell me what Minor powers we could use as a group, I've got 8 freebies to spare.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

What's the channel?