Crossroads

archimage_a

Can you come Alg?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're in the unique position that Americans do not have school today. By the time sessions start, Brits are already in the evening, but most Americans are still at school. And if the session started after that, it would be one or two hours shorter.

Hence why it's a good opportunity to make one specifically today, and why I brought it up.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sorry for double post, but it will probably start in about two hours (9 PM GMT, 4 PM Est)

Channel is up.

[bleep]. I missed the new session because my bro dragged me away. ARGH.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Durric Woldborne

Barber

40 Fellowship

37 Weapon Skill

36 Perception

36 Toughness

29 Intelligence

29 Strength

29 Agility

27 Ballistics

26 Willpower

Trade +20 (Barber) (Fel) 850 (850)

Peer (Barber's Guild) 100 (950)

Blather (Fel) +10 350 (1,300)

Hightened Senses (Sight) 200 (1,500)

Decadence 100 (1,600)

Light Sleeper 100 (1,700)

Resistance (cold) 100 (1,800)

Psy rating 5 (1600)

Remaining XP: 50

XP Spent: 1,800

XP Earned: 1,850

23 Wounds

Let me know if you need anything else.

I'm updating my character sheet and adding a few talents, I so far have 1685 XP to spend.

3485-1800

=

I spend all of that on Psy rating 1,2,3,4

Favoured by the warp (when XP is gained, next session)

1700 spent total, -15 needed

qTLQRuS.png

150xp for everyone.

Also, session on Monday OR Tuesday. Time to be confirmed. Please indicate if you can't make it.

Also be aware that power rolls do require rolls. For me it is self-evident, though if people want to call it a house rule then so be it.

Rolling one is eye-rolling silliness, but is all in good fun.

Roll nothing is basically telling the mod you aren't going to bother trying to be reasonable at all.

In the case of the latter then I really don't see why I should bother making the varied concessions I have already, so:

If you wish to avoid this rule then please construct a character using the DH rulebook for Psykers. If you create a character which has a high enough bonus to not have to roll the dice, then fair enough.

(If you desperately want a gun, then have a gun, be advised there will not be an opportunity to reload it.)

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Heh. I cant make it there on time definitely, at all.. Maybe I can, maybe I can't.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

hai guise u know that we are not that the mine we are supposed 2 b investigating 4 teh zombies, right?

For reference purposes:

Cantrips have a damage of:

(1d10 + Int + Cantrip's Magic Skill) * 1d2

The damage can be split between 3 targets, however the maximum damage per target is 18, and small (Head or smaller) targets neccessitate ballistics checks.

Soul Magic, as it carries NO ability to gain traditional(pysker) stuff, has the general spells of:

Static Crystals: Produces up to 8 non-moving crystals of reasonable size. They are not self-supporting, but can be created inside inanimate objects for support.

Attack Crystals: Produces a wave of minor, short term, crystals with some forward momentum. These crystals do:

(1d10 * 1d5) + Int + Cantrip Magic Skill

Again, the max hit is 18 per target.

Crystal Blocks: Produces an optionally hollow block of crystal. Solid blocks will disintergrate after a few seconds, while hollow blocks may remain for long periods. Thermatics will be used often in determining the effect, however they will do no more than 25 damage per round.

Dealing damage:

If you roll a 10 on the damage roll then you roll again, adding 10 to that roll. This can repeat indefinately.

No damage roll may exceed 40.

Taking damage:

If you take damage you must reduce the amount of damage stated by your Armour Points (AP) and Toughness Modifer. This is reduced down to 0.

If you are reduced to 0 HP you are not dead. But if you take more damage you begin suffering critical damage. (See Critical Hit tables)

If you are reduced to -10 HP then you die (Certain critical hits can kill you below that).

Enemy HP:

Typically an enemy will have the HP of 10+2d10.

Armour, rather than reducing the amount of damage dealt, will provide extra dice to the HP.

Rolling a 10 adds 10 and causes a re-roll. This can repeat up to a HP of 60(In normal cases).

Enemies tend not to suffer critical hits and will just die at 0 HP, unless it is specifically stated the player is not trying to kill them, in which case they will only die if reduced to -5 HP.

Discipline Mastery:

Rather than the stated bonus, if you attain 10 different discipline level powers then only 90-100 on the Psyhic Phenomena table results in a Peril's roll. Rolls between 75 and 90 are rerolled. Also if a 100 is rolled of the Perils of the Warp table then, instead of instantly dying, the player is transformed into a Demonhost, as per 91-99 on the same table.

Spell Defusion:

Magically disable 1 spell cast at you.

Half Round action and automatically demanifests at the start of your next turn.

The Threshold is 10, but carries the 100% risk of causing you to lose conscienceness.

For +1 to the threshold the risk is decreased by 10%.

+5 to the threshold the spell lasts 2 rounds, instead of 1.

At 10 points of overbleed it will protect from 1 Peril of the Warp OR 1 Spell, with no effect on Phenomena.

It is automatically dispelled after countering one attack.

The first spell it encounters (Which is not the player's own spell) is dispelled (If hostile) OR forces a Very Hard (-30) willpower test to maintain (If friendly). Either way Spell Defusion is dispelled.

The spell will not affect spells cast by the caster. But will affect those cast by their allies.

The spell counters other spells, not individual bolts/shards/other split attack spells. This includes attacks where only 1 bolt is aimed at the caster, and the others are aimed elsewhere. The whole spell will be countered.

The caster may only choose which effect to dispell if there are two simutanous effects, such as 2 Perils of the Warp. In all other cases the spell will only ever affect the first spell it comes across, according to initative order.

It counts as a discipline power of any school and costs 1,000 for Wizards.

Psychic powers, for Psykers, is explained in the books, you gain a certain number of powers per psi level, and can buy more at a rate of 100 for a minor power and 200 for discipline power.

Psychic powers, for Wizards, is explained here:

The price of the power depends on the threshold of the power.

1-5 is 100

6-10 is 250

11-15 is 500

16-20 is 750

21-25 is 1,000

25-30 is 1,500

30+ is 2,000

So.

Simply put there are three choices avaliable to you:

1) Nothing happens. The only change here is that I am restricted people to only using the core rules if they choose this path. (from this point on, if you have already taken from outside of the core rules then you keep your abilities.)

2) You choose 5 Ranks from the various DH rulebooks (you can choose 5 level 1 ranks, should you wish, but I would much prefer choosing linearly), you may also choose Alternate Ranks which you qualify for. (If something requires level 3 AND a certain career, then you need to have that level in that career.)

You keep all your current talents, advances, and what not, irrespective of anything else. (The only exception here is that Nex needs to take Sin Eater as a rank 4 career.)

Once you have chosen your 5 ranks then you are restricted to choosing from the advances within them.

If you take a rank that gives you Pskyer powers and already have them, then those power slots are taken up by your current powers. If you are using the Wizard rules then this doesn't apply. If you are using both then divide your powers between Psyker and Wizard powers.

People taking this option should PM me their choices.

There will also be a reward,in the form of several skills/talents/powers being freely given to reflect your past, as well as cash. These rewards should total about 1,000 xp from your careers. Alternatively, if you take ranks which have your pre-existing abilities already included then you may 'refund' up to 1,000 xp for spending as you like, within your careers. As ever you are free to talk with me. I should be sitting in #Inn for the next few hours for anyone without my IMs, and PM me at other times, and I will come on IRC.)

3) You gen a new character/regen your current character using the new rules. You may spend 1,000 extra XP off the books (aka it doesn't contribute to your total amount of XP) as replacement for Homeworlds and such.

I would strongly advise, if you are doing this, to look at background packages as well.

Main reason for these changes is partly that the current system allows players to 'fast track' their way to major powers, but it is mostly down to me ordering several DH resources, totally £100, and I would really like to be able to use them...So that means following the rules as much as is feasible to do so.

Which is gonna be tough on me since I prefer largely arbitrary systems, so I am going to ask for your patience. (Though they won't arrive until the 20th (At the earliest...supposedly)) So this is not, NOT, an immediate changeover.

As ever I don't want to screw people over, so I am open to discussion about the changes.

Word of warning though...Waiting until the last minute will not make me especially receptive, so PLEASE, contact me before the 16th and before the 23rd (Next two sessions).

Finally, I am getting bored a lot(outside of sessions), so if people want extra sessions please post their avaliable times, and I shall endevour to choose another day.